·
Registered
2022 Pro XP
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Did you have more information on this?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I’d like to know more too.
Alright guys I got the wireless camera installed and it works very well. I used the factory hole and get an excellent field of view behind the machine. Power was taken from the rear lighting harness as the camera has a very low draw. You will need to download an app on your tablet and connect to the camera over wifi. If you tell the tablet to default to this wifi connection then future connections happen without any input from the user. When on the trail you simply press the button on the launcher and it springs right up.

You can use this as a permanent rear view mirror if you wanted and could watch your buddies following on the trail while moving.

This was a very easy install.

The cameras are super cheap ($23 USD at time of writing) and can be purchased on ebay: 175°WiFi Wireless Car Rear View Cam Backup Reverse Camera For iPhone Android IOS | eBay

Motor vehicle Grille White Hood Light

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
225 Posts
on mine i put 4 ss screws through the rc blank , and then 4 ss screws to mount the tablet holder to the rc blank , really simple takes 2 minutes to do.
tape primer looks interesting for a lot of stuff ...

·
Registered
135 Posts
10 inch cheap android tablet, Avenza mapping software (free). Pulled plastic cover, cup a piece of 2x4 to wedge in the opening, put plastic cover on and secured cover to wood with 2 wood screws. Got metal plate from amanon along with 2 large magnets made to hold cell phone. Plate attached to plastic face, magnets to the back of tablet. Now its removable! Total cost 180 bucks. I also run a speedo app so wife can see how fast we are going!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Alright guys I got the wireless camera installed and it works very well. I used the factory hole and get an excellent field of view behind the machine. Power was taken from the rear lighting harness as the camera has a very low draw. You will need to download an app on your tablet and connect to the camera over wifi. If you tell the tablet to default to this wifi connection then future connections happen without any input from the user. When on the trail you simply press the button on the launcher and it springs right up.

You can use this as a permanent rear view mirror if you wanted and could watch your buddies following on the trail while moving.

This was a very easy install.

The cameras are super cheap ($23 USD at time of writing) and can be purchased on ebay: 175°WiFi Wireless Car Rear View Cam Backup Reverse Camera For iPhone Android IOS | eBay

View attachment 702990

View attachment 702989
How did you mount the camera in the factory location? I got my cam today and just wanting idea

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts