Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been searching all over for a tablet mounting solution for my Pro XP Sport. Several posts on this forum got me pointed in the right direction with mounting the tablet in the factory Ride Command location but I wanted a really clean install.

This setup is with a 10.4" Samsung Tab A7 but can accommodate any sized device, bigger or smaller.

• First I started by cutting a 3/16" aluminum plate to size and drilling holes to line up with the 4 factory holes where the factory ride command would presumably mount.
  • Next up was adding an additional hole to the center of the plate for a tripod ball head mount with an arca swiss plate clamp to mount to. The idea with using the ball head was if I desired any adjustment to the tablet angle I could easily achieve this in the future by loosening the ball head and re-angling.
  • After the aluminum plate and ball head were mounted in the machine I test fit the actual tablet holder on the ball head and could adjust for symmetry with the dash.
  • Following this was a quick hole through the block off cover (with the RZR logo on it) and installing it over the stem on the ball mount

I'm pretty stoked with the final product. When I'm not using the tablet in the machine the dash still looks super tidy and there isn't a big empty tablet mount staring at you which was important to me. Furthermore the ball head with arca swiss clamp can be used to hold tons of different equipment. Want to aim a go pro or other camera back at the driver and passenger, there's an adapter for that, Use your cellphone sometimes instead of the tablet? It will fit in the tablet mount as well or grab a different one.

How does it hold up during riding? Awesome. From the 3/16" aluminum plate all the way to the tablet all the parts are aluminum or stainless steel. The CNC work is top notch and because the tablet mounting portion it self rests against the dash there isn't even any vibration. My goal was to have a setup where the machine could cartwheel and the tablet would stay put. I'm confident that this will be the case after my first round of testing/riding.

Now for what you came for, the pics:

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Cameras & optics Reflex camera

Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Machine Auto part

Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Electronic device

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Steering wheel

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

Hope this helps someone looking for a clean mounting solution for their ride. Any questions just drop a comment.

Big thank you to all of those that went before me on mounting tablets in this location and posted their setups!

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice install

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Damn dude! that's 🔥 You've helped me find what i'm going to go with. Thanks
Thank you guys. Currently installing wireless camera on the rig that will work on the tablets display with a single click. the camera only requires power which can be easily tapped at the rear lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice and exactly what I've been trying to figure out. Can you provide a link to the parts you used?
I'm also looking for a wireless camera that will work on the tablet so please let us know how it turns out and provide links for it also.

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice and exactly what I've been trying to figure out. Can you provide a link to the parts you used?
I'm also looking for a wireless camera that will work on the tablet so please let us know how it turns out and provide links for it also.
The aluminum plate is just 1 3/16" drop/off cut I had laying around. Any metal shop can provide that for you or you can go stainless if they don't have aluminum.
The ball mount is a low profile unit from amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RXQTL1V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The tablet mount is also from amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09C59W5VG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Once I have the camera installed and tested I'll get some more info up about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I've been searching all over for a tablet mounting solution for my Pro XP Sport. Several posts on this forum got me pointed in the right direction with mounting the tablet in the factory Ride Command location but I wanted a really clean install.

This setup is with a 10.4" Samsung Tab A7 but can accommodate any sized device, bigger or smaller.

• First I started by cutting a 3/16" aluminum plate to size and drilling holes to line up with the 4 factory holes where the factory ride command would presumably mount.
  • Next up was adding an additional hole to the center of the plate for a tripod ball head mount with an arca swiss plate clamp to mount to. The idea with using the ball head was if I desired any adjustment to the tablet angle I could easily achieve this in the future by loosening the ball head and re-angling.
  • After the aluminum plate and ball head were mounted in the machine I test fit the actual tablet holder on the ball head and could adjust for symmetry with the dash.
  • Following this was a quick hole through the block off cover (with the RZR logo on it) and installing it over the stem on the ball mount

I'm pretty stoked with the final product. When I'm not using the tablet in the machine the dash still looks super tidy and there isn't a big empty tablet mount staring at you which was important to me. Furthermore the ball head with arca swiss clamp can be used to hold tons of different equipment. Want to aim a go pro or other camera back at the driver and passenger, there's an adapter for that, Use your cellphone sometimes instead of the tablet? It will fit in the tablet mount as well or grab a different one.

How does it hold up during riding? Awesome. From the 3/16" aluminum plate all the way to the tablet all the parts are aluminum or stainless steel. The CNC work is top notch and because the tablet mounting portion it self rests against the dash there isn't even any vibration. My goal was to have a setup where the machine could cartwheel and the tablet would stay put. I'm confident that this will be the case after my first round of testing/riding.

Now for what you came for, the pics:

View attachment 693645

View attachment 693647

View attachment 693648

View attachment 693649

View attachment 693650

View attachment 693651

View attachment 693652

Hope this helps someone looking for a clean mounting solution for their ride. Any questions just drop a comment.

Big thank you to all of those that went before me on mounting tablets in this location and posted their setups!
What app is that? Looks good.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks awesome! Is the app just a music launcher and camera or does it have other features useful for the Polaris? I see Ride Command is that available with this app or did you customize the button? Regardless looks awesome! Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks awesome! Is the app just a music launcher and camera or does it have other features useful for the Polaris? I see Ride Command is that available with this app or did you customize the button? Regardless looks awesome! Thank you for sharing!
The app is a launcher so primarily it's a way to organize the display/home screen and allow you to arrange the apps you want for launching while out on the trail.

It does have a built in compass, speedo, clock, and nav display which can be chosen for the centre location as well as integrated media controls on its home screen.

The free version is a 30 day trial of the full version so I would suggest downloading it and see if it works for your needs.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The app is a launcher so primarily it's a way to organize the display/home screen and allow you to arrange the apps you want for launching while out on the trail.

It does have a built in compass, speedo, clock, and nav display which can be chosen for the centre location as well as integrated media controls on its home screen.

The free version is a 30 day trial of the full version so I would suggest downloading it and see if it works for your needs.

Thank You!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice! I haven't had one issue with the parts I used. It is solid as a rock.

Post back with pics and how you make out.
It's solid. All the parts work together great. I set up the angle I wanted and locked it in place and then drilled the hole for the post to stick out. Like you said it still looks good without the tablet installed.

I picked up a 12.4" samsung tablet to use as well. Not sure if I will use the launcher or not. Pretty much only interested in using the Ride Command map while riding.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts