Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that have Z1 Turbo Conversions - If you want to take your car to the next level of power, Evolution Powersports has 3 100% direct bolt on big turbo upgrades and custom multi stage tuning. Evolution Powersports has worked with this engine/turbo package for many years and has sold more big turbos for this engine than all of the other manufacturers combined. We have had 0 turbo failures even at high boost. For those who want to shoot for the moon, we have multi stage mapping for big injectors and launch control.

1) Big Chute Turbo: This is a stock turbo which is re manufactured with a 65mm billet wheel and new Garrett compressor cover. The Big Chute Turbo has been dyno'd over 400 hp. The beauty of this upgrade even for customers who do not want to have their engine built (a must over 310 hp), We have tunes to keep the engine right at this threshold. Even though companies claim they can make this same hp with a stock turbo, the fact is the stock turbo way outside of its efficiency that it cannot compare with our turbo which is right in its efficiency island at 300 hp. Maximum boost for this turbo is 40lbs

2) Super Chute Turbo: A custom Garrett GT 2868 Ball Bearing turbo which is modified to bolt up directly to the Arctic Cat header. This allows for stock header use. Custom SS headers are always an issue in turbo applications and the stock header is a great piece which is 100% trouble free. The Super Chute Turbo has a much more advanced turbine aero and a divorced flow style waste gate. This turbo is capable of 420+ hp, but the magic in this one is the supercharger like power delivery. There is 0 lag with this turbo. Maximum boost is 42lbs.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have the Big Chute with a stock internal Z1 and I love it. Of course I would like to run 40 lbs, who wouldn't, but at 26 lbs its a rocket and makes the car feel very light. If I didn't have a separate drag rzr, I would have probably already had them do a full build to really crank up the boost. Lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Gotta ask what fuel do you use for 26psi(let alone 40!!) I'll guess its low base compression to? That is ALOT of pressure!:D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Stock compression. At 26 psi I run nothing lower than 110. The car has 3 flashes. I can run 91 pump on the first two flashes. Race gas for high boost.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Jason where can I find an ARV solenoid and plug? Somehow mine has a crack in it. It's the one with the line going to the bov. Yeah Jim said 26 on the Big Chute is comparable to 32 on the stock turbo. Us cheap skates run the cheapest fuel possible. Lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have an Apex at 10lbs keep getting tempted to turn it up.:D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using RZRForums.net mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts