Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Would you support Youth Class SxS rally style racing?

• Would you be interested in your child(children) racing in mini UTV style racing?

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Would you want rally style(timed laps)?

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Would you prefer 'wheel to wheel' or short course type racing?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would you travel to east Tennessee for your childrens racing?

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racing Dreamz is looking into the possibility of purchasing land to host organized SxS racing for youngsters. If we can do this, we plan on having one directional trails, rally raid style racing. Meaning, no wheel to wheel racing, only timed starts and timed laps. The course would be over about 45-50 acres. All of this, at this time, would be in upper east Tennessee. My question(poll) is, would you, as a family with children who drives mini UTV's/buggys, be interested in this family style racing for the kids?
Please feel free to reply with your suggestions and comments.
We hope to have 3 age groups. From ages 8-10, 11-13, 14-16. 150cc, 250cc and open class for the older kids. But they must be driving a mini SxS.
We need your response so that we know how to proceed.
Thank you...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ur classes 150cc u might raise that to 170cc for the polaris rzr 170. I like the idea ur just a little to far for us to travel.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, after I posted that, I remembered the 170's. They would be included in the 150 class. :)

How far would it be for you to travel?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure Indiana would be nice. My daughter is only 5 so it would be awhile before she could race. Even though she drive the heck out of her 170. I really like the idea and would love to see more youth sxs at harescrambles and even gncc. Wish u luck hope you get some support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great idea. My oldest is 19 and my youngest is 18 months. No other kids in between so it would be years before we could participate.
But i have tried to follow what you guys are doing down there and i do like what i see. If you are still there when we get ready we will be there from southern Illinois.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rally at Doe Mountain, June 18-19, 2016. A public invited, youth Rally race at Doe Mountain Recreational Area, Mountain City(Johnson County), Tenn.
Classes from 6.5hp(150cc) up to 20HP(250cc).
Ages 7-17.
A closed circuit, one way, timed lapped event(no wheel to wheel racing, just timed laps).

·
Registered
65 Posts
We're in, can my 7 year and 10 year old share the same machine ? Daughter is 10 will there be just a girls class or all mixed? Either is fine by me.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As of right now, there is not a 'girls' class. Actually, I wouldnt want to seperate the girls from the boys as that might 'upset' them. :) She'll be fine against the boys, I'm sure. :)

The boys can use same vehicle, yes. As only one vehicle will be on course at a time. They would be in different age classes so, no problem at all. Thanks for coming down. Looking forward to meeting you. :)

NEW FLYER!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope everyone is getting their schedules ready for the Rally.

Practice and getting to know the course Saturday, Sunday, RACE DAY!! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts