Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Let's Ride!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want this to turn into a bash session, I need real world unbiased info on Replacement shocks for my 09 LE RZR....

This weekend at WR I blew the valves out of my Progressive shocks...they just couldn't stand up to the combined weight of the tires and the weight of my HEAVY right Foot! :drive1:I have decided to stay with the standard width on my machine...this weekend I watched 2 RZR S's have to pick their way thru stuff that my RZR at 56" wide was able to fly thru. I am looking to upgrade the shocks to a piggy back style, give me your thoughts on the 3-4 sets I have narrowed it down to...Walker Evans Racing shocks are out of the question, I have read too many bad reviews about them....ie: too stiff. They all are about the same Money.

If any Vendors that I have not already talked to want t send me a price on one or more Packages feel free to do so via PM...

Thanks JodyT

1st) Fox 2.0 RC2 Coil over..
FOX RACING SHOX :: SIDEXSIDE : SHOCKS : 2.0 PIGGYBACK RC2 COIL-OVER

2nd) King shocks Adjustable 2.0
King Shocks Polaris RZR Adjustable Performance UTV Shocks King Off-Road UTV Bolt-On Shocks : kingshocks.com

3rd) Exit Shocks x1 single Rate
Zbroz Racing Store

4th) Maxin Trax AFCO silver series Double adjustable
New AFCO Silver Series Double Adjustable Shocks

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
I would pick the company that has the most personel service.Often times shocks will need to be revalved so they fit you perfect.They also need to be rebuilt from time to time.Shocks are like buying a nice suit you can buy your size but you need a taylor to make them a perfect fit for you.IMO the less people you deal with the better your shocks will work.I hate telling some one what I want done then they pass the info down.Thats my take on it.My next set of shocks will be afco's for sure.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Well said Steve, that is exactly why I went with MakinTrax. From my moto days I always remember the tuner was more important than the manufacturer! A "platform expert" can completely transform a machine.
Mike

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had Afco MT-2's on my RZR when it was stock width. It was a good shock, and steve from makin' trax is a stand-up guy. I'm currently waiting for my LT kit from ZBROZ with the X1 shock which there was a real good review from one of the moderators of this site. The guys from ZBROZ are real nice also and offer free revalving if you are not satisfied with the ride. And FOX is FOX always a good product. I believe the stock S shocks are very good and offer a smooth ride. I would narrow it down to those three. (At least I got you alittle closer) LOL

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
x4 i am more than happy with my afco shocks and progressive springs and now with my long travel i am looking forward to what Steve from makin trax has up his sleeve....( yes the afcos can be upgraded at a later time and rebuildable too)

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I went with Wer. Smooth ride but had way too soft springs on the rzr...Went to S suspension and fox shocks. I think Fox are good shocks but steve can setup your afco's to perform the way you like. That is the huge diff.

·
Let's Ride!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys....Anyone else???

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
I...Walker Evans Racing shocks are out of the question, I have read too many bad reviews about them....ie: too stiff.
If you had said Elka I'd have to agree with you, as there are a lot gripe threads about them. However, I happen to think the WER shocks are some of the easiest to use right out of the box and to dial in. With that said, I think your best choice out of the ones you listed, would be AFCO/Steve. His customer service to the average Joe is unmatched by any of the other shock mfgrs out there and he goes out of his way to help those who aren't using his product as well. A set of his shocks and springs would definitely be a smart purchase IMO.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have AFCO very happy with them and they are right Steve at Makin Tracks will do everything he can to make you even if you didn't buy from him. His service is PRICELESS.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I've got AFCO MT1s with Progressive springs. They work well and steve will work with you on anything you might need now or later down the road. Thats worth a lot IMO..

·
Let's Ride!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys...I ordered a set of Afco Silver series with Progressive Springs this evening from Steve....:headbang::yahoo:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I have the progressive springs from main trax..on my stock S shocks. I can only imagine the difference with an entire shock..I will probably do a re-valve...Springs are awesome..best money so far! 250X225

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Thanks guys...I ordered a set of Afco Silver series with Progressive Springs this evening from Steve....:headbang::yahoo:
Wow nice setup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just fitted (today) set standard duty Progressive shocks to my RZR I have a Racer Tech 2" lift kit. Went for a run this afternoon - what an improvement! my Razer now soaks up the bumps and I can now go flat out thru the whoops (not poss. on stock shocks. Best $ I have spent along with my Muzzy Ex. If you want the low cost option try the Progressive shocks. Anthony in Australia

·
Let's Ride!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just fitted (today) set standard duty Progressive shocks to my RZR I have a Racer Tech 2" lift kit. Went for a run this afternoon - what an improvement! my Razer now soaks up the bumps and I can now go flat out thru the whoops (not poss. on stock shocks. Best $ I have spent along with my Muzzy Ex. If you want the low cost option try the Progressive shocks. Anthony in Australia
Try running in the rocks Flat out with them and you will blow the seals out just like I did...they are a mild Trail Shock at best....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts