Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm about to make the switch over to a SidexSide to accomodate the new wife. I've always been a Polaris guy and you can't beat the Rzr but I have a few questions as I haven't ridden one since they first came out.

1. Have they worked out most of the kinks? My friend bought one in '07 and had all sorts of trouble.

2. Do you recommend buying new or used? (is the warranty and "knowing where it's been" worth the extra $?

3. Is the S series worth the extra $?

I'm looking at the '11 Red S series...it's 1500 cheaper than the orange madness and other paint scheme.

Although I may cough up the extra 1500...my Sportsman is the same color as Orange Madness.

Anything you guys think I need to know as a first time SidexSide/Rzr owner?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, most of my riding is done in wooded area trails...(thick woods of Alabama, TN, WV...etc.)

Would appreciate some insight from guys that do alot of this type of riding, does the extra width of the S models limit where you can go that much?

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Welcome to the forum, For the difference in the money, by the new one. We haven't heard to much on the new ones. That would be a good thing, no news is good news. At least you will have the warranty. And not someone Else's unit, not knowing if they took care of it. Or how much they mistreated it, or abused it. SHAW'z

·
Registered
904 Posts
Besides the color, the red RZR-S has cheap shocks, not the Fox podiums that the orange or black RZR-S's have. It is basically an "economy version" of the RZR-S...added width and stability, but cheap non-adjustable shocks. Great for the guys who want to upgrade shocks right anyway...that $1500 will take a nice bite out of a good aftermarket setup (exit's, fox's, king, walker evans, etc.).

As far a new vs used...personally, if possible...I will always buy new. These machines were built to be used hard, you know the first owner ran it hard, and you never know how well they took care of it. I like being the first owner so I know how it was treated since it came from the dealership. And any problems that arise were because of me, not some other jerk beating the piss out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.