Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had one of the first RZR's back in 07', I've missed it for the last few years. Since then I've had a couple motorcycles, including the BMW 1200GS I still have, and a recently acquired vintage 89' Honda Pilot that is just awesome, but riding that leaves my GF at camp cooking and "stewing"....bad scenario!

So anyway, ordered a 13' 570 LE today that will hopefully take its first licks in three weeks on a group camping/riding trip here in TX. I hope it's everything I've read here and then some. I'd of course brought home the 900 they had sitting at the dealer, but it has to go in the truck bed so I can pull my travel trailer, and here in TX it's mostly tight trail riding anyway!

Dave

·
Registered
513 Posts
Congrats... you both will enjoy it... It's great quality time with the wife.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club! You won't regret your decision. You might thumb through some of the threads to identify potential issues the machine might have when you receive it. Seems like the following keep coming up. Battery not hooked up correctly, low fluid levels, loose intake duct clamps, ECU has the latest parameters, dry suspension bushings, dry drive shaft slip joint, different suspension preload settings at different wheels, and improper tail light harness routing to mention a few. Just give it a good once over. Don't let me scare you. It's a great machine. You will love it....especially when you pull up alongside an 800. ;). I think its the "biggest little UTV on the market".

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep...definitely an afternoon of "fix the new rig" before riding it. Had to do the same with my 800 back in the day, and it seems their QC hasn't gotten any better:sad:

Congratulations and welcome to the club! You won't regret your decision. You might thumb through some of the threads to identify potential issues the machine might have when you receive it. Seems like the following keep coming up. Battery not hooked up correctly, low fluid levels, loose intake duct clamps, ECU has the latest parameters, dry suspension bushings, dry drive shaft slip joint, different suspension preload settings at different wheels, and improper tail light harness routing to mention a few. Just give it a good once over. Don't let me scare you. It's a great machine. You will love it....especially when you pull up alongside an 800. ;). I think its the "biggest little UTV on the market".

·
Registered
275 Posts
My 2013 Fluid, Battery, ECU and Intake stuff was all fine... There were a few spots on the coolant hoses that lay/touch on frame and may cause early rub thru failure and the rear carrier pivot bushings were dry, but that appears the "norm" Thats quick and easy. Always good and informational to go thru a new machine tho , see how stuff is set up and what tools you made need in case of on trail fixes, etc.....

Congrats on the new Ride!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rzed, how do you like your 570 compared to the pilot? i have the 570 and my brother just bought a 1989 Pilot. We switch rides and I like the Rzr 99% of the time more. I like the Pilot a bit better slinging it around in the sand. Other than that. I'll stick with the Rzr. He has the same problem, his wife can't ride with him :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rzed, how do you like your 570 compared to the pilot? i have the 570 and my brother just bought a 1989 Pilot. We switch rides and I like the Rzr 99% of the time more. I like the Pilot a bit better slinging it around in the sand. Other than that. I'll stick with the Rzr. He has the same problem, his wife can't ride with him :)
It's me that has them both...and yes, they're completely different animals. If I feel like tearing it up and running balls-out with my hair on fire, the Pilot is the machine to strap into. It needs room to run and is best suited for dunes or wide open spaces that are fairly smooth, as it'll beat on you in the rough stuff. It's a kick though, as you feel a part of it when strapped in and that big two-stroke is screaming behind your head.

The RZR on the other hand is more of a relaxed jaunt through the woods and is very civilized. Yes you can run it pretty hard, but it's top heavy and more of a cruiser, crawler, sightseeing machine.

If I had to have just one, of course it would be the RZR, but I've wanted a Pilot since they came out and I'll keep it for awhile just to get it out of my system.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ive had em all, Worked for a Honda Dealer at time the Pilot came out... You think it beats you up, try an Odyssey! I still hurt from riding those things. The pilot was revolutionary at the time , and very expensive... We were happy just to have water cooling and a way to start it without getting out of it and using a pull start and trying to get back in before it either died or you ran yourself over! ( aka Odyssey)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Congrats. Once you get a :redrzr: you will allways come back.:rofl3:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts