Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XTR kit is great but the shock valving is set to LSR specs!!!!! I even confirmed with Ross that LSR changed their specs to soften up the ride because some people complained about the ride. OK not a problem but it should be noted. When ordering my Kit I specifically implied that I raced on mx tracks!!!! I like to jump big!!! (100' is nothing) I like to drive fast!!!! I have a turbo!!! (now its a big bore turbo with an overdrive clutch)!!!! Dan said ok this kit will work great for you. It hasn't at all!! since Halloween '09 my shocks have spent more time in a ups truck then on my rzr :rollfinger:. I got fed up with the arrogant Canadians at Elka that knew everything and wouldn't listen to what I was wanting, I even sent them video, and all the diff settings i tried. They revalved the shocks and resprung them twice and still had problems. Now I have the fox's and same situation. Even with the detailed list of how I ride and what equipment I have on my rzr. One would think the shocks could be ordered and would be close but no, not even.

Am I expecting to much? If my detailed description of my ridding habits and equipment seemed different, then why say itll work, why not have someone from Fox engineering call me and understand the order. seems to me it would work better! save money and time! Yes I know how to change settings and understand the concept of setting up the H/L compression and rebound for different ridding areas.

Please understand Im not bashing your product. The kit is great everything is stout and engineered well. The shocks just aren't what I expected when I ordered them, I expected better results when we replaced the Elka's for the Fox's with Dan knowing what has gone on and what I wanted.

I brought this over form UTV CRAPS thread, I didnt want to hijack it.

"So my point is, there are some limitations as to what your suspension will be able to do. You won't be able to race a MX track, and hit big jumps with your high horsepower turbo Rzr, and still be able to get a smooth silky ride at your other favorite riding spot. Our kit has the largest amount of wheel travel you can get with an 8" sized a-arm. And more wheel travel is about the only thing that will help get a smoother ride, and be able to take large jumps. So if you want to be able to do it all, then your going to need to adjust your set up for the different types of riding you want to do. If you want to haul ass and take big jumps, your going to have to stiffen things up, and sacrifice ride comfort in other conditions.

Our systems are miles beyond what the factory suspension is capable of, but there are still limitations that will be reached. You can't drive a trophy truck on the street comfortably, and still be able to do 100 miles per hour in the desert, just like you will loose performance with big mud tires in the desert or sand..

My suggestion for you guys that are reaching these limits (bioaction2) is to figure out your settings for the MX track, record those settings for your compression, rebound, and preload. Then dial them in at your favorite riding spot, and record those settings. When you get back to the track, adjust them based on your previous settings, and you will be back to having the suspension that can take that particular terrain better. That is the huge advantage in getting the adjustable shocks. That is what they are made for, so make sure you use them to their full potential. It might take a little effort and time to get things perfect for your particular needs when dealing with this level of performance.

Thanks guys!

G-"

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I bought the shims and fluid for my King shocks and learned how to set them up for my liking.I also remember that when it was set up for my 85 foot double if I went slow through the whoops it was like A tank.It was meant to be rid in balls to the wall.I also had A completely different shim stack for trail riding.Also the nitrogen pressure was different for trail rid in.I never was able to compromise with one valve stack.You cant get Mad at the vendors there doing there job.You need A custom tune on your shocks,you would be the best one to do that.Just think without the kit you would have A broken femur.LOL

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noodles Im thinking thats the route Im going to have to take. I saw on here I think of someone selling a Nitrogen refilling system Maybe it was teryx forums but it looked like it would work.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In comparing the kit to the stock s suspension I could do more and felt a lot more comfortable with the stock stuff! This was my first concern in Glamis I was very disappointed. Luckily Greg form LSR was out there and spent a good amount of time with me trying to get the Elka's to work but it never happened, he did ask if I told Dan about having a turbo and what my ridding habits were and I did. I appreciated Greg's time that he spent trying to help me but he was limited to what he could do. I told him that if I could I would give back to the suspension kit and go back to my stock suspension!!

I still feel that way!! If I could get my money back I wouldn't hesitate to do it!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Chris,

Have you had a chance to get the Fox's changed yet? They have a racing spec that they put on Doug Eichners race car that he won the worcs series with a year or so ago. Doug actually works at Fox, so they spent some time testing it. That spec is considered our racing spec. That is probably more like what you need. But it doesn't ride very smooth when your not really pushing it. Shock tuning isn't easy, so i would be hesitant on trying to change the internals yourself. I would give Fox some time to make some changes for you, and if they still don't perform how want them to, about the only other thing would be to hire a shock tuning expert who can help you dial them to exactly what you are wanting. That, or you can just sell the kit and move on. I don't know what else to do for you on our end. You are the 1st guy that hasn't been satisfied by this kit, and i am sorry for that, but i don't know what else we can do at this point. I know you are frustrated, and have been very patient throughout this whole process. I wish there was more we could do for you.

G-

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Greg,

I recived my shocks from Ross yesterday with the new valving they did a 55/70 up front and a 2,1/90 on the rears. I dont know what the 2,1 is and couldnt get an answer from Fox either but Ill see how it works for me.

I know a few (4) people who have the same issues and when I was talking to various other shock tuning guys they also said Im not the only one who has had the same issues but its all in the past and I know you cant make an off the shelf kit work for everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts