Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on a 2018 Xp 1000 4 seat skid plate. Laid under my machine this weekend and found some dents and minor bending after only 400 miles of use. The biggest concern I have is the steel factory "skid" under the rear diff that is completely bent up and almost making contact with the diff. I think some of the dents are from rocks kicking off the tires but the bent stuff is a concern. Also wouldn't mind a set of trailing arm skids. I have high clearance a arms and radius rods but the trailing arms have taken a beating.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory UTV has done me well across two different machines now, that's my recommendation.
I actually had my eye on them. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to buy them for the best price shipped. I see a couple places are well over $100 in shipping.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,100 Posts
I bought mine direct from Factory UTV as the package kit, if you buy the whole kit, the shipping is included in the price, and it's not quite free, but discounted quite a bit. I used everything except the A-arm guards, and I sold them to offset the cost a bit

·
craigstumph
9,831 Posts
Looking for recommendations on a 2018 Xp 1000 4 seat skid plate. Laid under my machine this weekend and found some dents and minor bending after only 400 miles of use. The biggest concern I have is the steel factory "skid" under the rear diff that is completely bent up and almost making contact with the diff. I think some of the dents are from rocks kicking off the tires but the bent stuff is a concern. Also wouldn't mind a set of trailing arm skids. I have high clearance a arms and radius rods but the trailing arms have taken a beating.
We usually have the best deals on Factory UTV. Here is a link.

https://www.proutvparts.com/collections/polaris-rzr-xp-4-1000/skid-plates

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping you'd chime in Craig. How much heavier is the 1/2"? My machine is already too damn heavy but if it is only a few pounds it might make sense to just go thicker and worry a bit less.

·
craigstumph
9,831 Posts
I was hoping you'd chime in Craig. How much heavier is the 1/2"? My machine is already too damn heavy but if it is only a few pounds it might make sense to just go thicker and worry a bit less.
I don't know the exact weight of the skid. Shipping weight is about 10-12 lbs. The weight is on the bottom of the machine. Low eight is not a big factor compared to how much tougher the extra 1/8" of material is. I have regretted every time I have put a 3/8" on a machine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know the exact weight of the skid. Shipping weight is about 10-12 lbs. The weight is on the bottom of the machine. Low eight is not a big factor compared to how much tougher the extra 1/8" of material is. I have regretted every time I have put a 3/8" on a machine.
Appreciate the insight. I was figuring they would be 25-30lbs but 10-12 doesn't scare me quite so much.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Craig. Order placed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts