Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm about ready to order your clutch kit but before I do, I've got a couple questions:

1) Does your kit reduce or eliminate engine braking? Is there a choice when ordering? I would at a minimum like to significantly reduce this effect.

I do a lot of open desert riding and I do not like when the rear tires leave the ground, I get a "jerky" feeling when the tires make contact again. Will your kit eliminate this?

2) The stock set up seems a bit sluggish off the line, will this kit improve take off performance? Otherwise, stock clutching seems OK.
(Currently this car tops out at 72-74ish or so and do not anticipate any top end performance changes)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after talking with Brandon at Sparks, I ordered their kit. Shipping was super quick and install was very simple. The weight set up they recommend as a starting point is good. Just testing around the neighborhood and it does feel quicker and more responsive. Thanks Sparks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Well after talking with Brandon at Sparks, I ordered their kit. Shipping was super quick and install was very simple. The weight set up they recommend as a starting point is good. Just testing around the neighborhood and it does feel quicker and more responsive. Thanks Sparks!

Awesome! I'm glad you're pleased with how it turned out, and thank you for the nice review. Keep in touch and let us know how it works out for you once you've had a chance to really run the car.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright Brandon, I had a chance to put your clutch kit through the paces....it is working fantastic!!
Smooth engagement off idle and pulls hard all the way to 75!!
That's good enough for me, there may be a touch more in there but I really don't care!

Also, your cam chain tensioner was the ticket for that startup noise, problem solved and purrs like a kitty!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Alright Brandon, I had a chance to put your clutch kit through the paces....it is working fantastic!!
Smooth engagement off idle and pulls hard all the way to 75!!
That's good enough for me, there may be a touch more in there but I really don't care!

Also, your cam chain tensioner was the ticket for that startup noise, problem solved and purrs like a kitty!

Thanks

That's good to hear. I/we have a ton of hours in testing and tuning these kits, and our goal is to provide you with what you need as "out of the box" as possible. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
9 Posts
May I see a picture of what exactly comes with your xp1k4 kit? Will this kit be adjustable from stock to turbo for me or will I need to buy a different turbo kit later down the line? Please pm me a price also please shipped to 93609. Thanks

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
May I see a picture of what exactly comes with your xp1k4 kit? Will this kit be adjustable from stock to turbo for me or will I need to buy a different turbo kit later down the line? Please pm me a price also please shipped to 93609. Thanks
The picture on our website depicts exactly what the kit will include. There are many factors that play into clutch tuning and which kit is right for you. Turbo cars require a particular type of clutch tuning that is different than what you see in comparable N/A cars, so a pretty complete revision would be required for a turbo application. The link below will provide you the information you're looking for, and you can create an account and use coupon code: rzr10off to receive your forum pricing. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Complete Performance Clutch Kit, Polaris 2014- RZR 1000 XP/ XP4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.