Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Has anyone looked at the 17,18,19 Highlifters to determine what part numbers would give it an approximate gear reduction? I'm always reading regular XP1K owners doing a gear swap and I read the sticky but what about 17+ Highlifter owners?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Has anyone looked at the 17,18,19 Highlifters to determine what part numbers would give it an approximate gear reduction? I'm always reading regular XP1K owners doing a gear swap and I read the sticky but what about 17+ Highlifter owners?
I believe 16 and newer are different trans output shaft, meaning, if you want to change gearing to match higlifter, your swap goes from $200ish to over $1000 in parts. Secondary clutch is different, shaft is different and i believe there are a few gears that would need to be swapped. Im not looking at a breakdown right now so im not certain on what exact parts.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Buy mine. I have a kit for an XP that reduces overall gearing about 27% on a pre 2017 XP1K and 13% on a 17 and newer. I bought it for my 2017 and bought a 2018 XP1K Ride Command before getting it installed. Now I’m thinking about a different machine so it’s for sale. 145$ shipped in Continental US. PM if interested.
Edit-missed a 1 on the price. I am out of town until April first.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I believe 16 and newer are different trans output shaft, meaning, if you want to change gearing to match higlifter, your swap goes from $200ish to over $1000 in parts. Secondary clutch is different, shaft is different and i believe there are a few gears that would need to be swapped. Im not looking at a breakdown right now so im not certain on what exact parts.
I already have the Highlifter but had thoughts of reducing the gear ratio even more. Figured I'd ask why we were on the topic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did gear reduction on 2017 XP1K to the 325 gears. I decided to swap to the Highlifter reverse chain while in there. What I thought was a simple swap ended up being quite extensive. I have not seen anyone detail what is involved in doing the HLE reverse chain swap. It is rather intensive in all the changes that need to be made and is not just a chain swap. Maybe I over-complicated it. Here is the result of doing both the 325 reduction and also the HLE chain swap. These are the rough reduction percentages from stock. 47% Low, 26% Reverse, 17% High
This gets you the same gearing that is in the 2018 Ranger XP1K and all but the input shaft I list can be sourced from that parts breakdown. The '18 used a input with removable low gear, I used a '17 input shaft with it fixed.

Parts required to swap to HLE reverse chain:
SHAFT, INPUT 45T/20T/25T (3235953)
High gear 49T (3235396)
Low gear 67T (3235232)
SPROCKET 48T 6-FACE (3235762)
CHAIN SILENT, TYPE 103 .25P X .48W X 58L (3235633)

Parts required to do 325 gear reduction (26% reduction across all gears)
SHAFT, REVERSE 25T (3235451)
GEAR, 48T, STAGE 2 (3235450)

Hope this helps someone contemplating doing this with their machine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I already have the Highlifter but had thoughts of reducing the gear ratio even more. Figured I'd ask why we were on the topic.
You can change to these two parts and get additional reduction across all gears. You will then have same gears that are in the Ranger XP1K

·
Registered
439 Posts
You can change to these two parts and get additional reduction across all gears. You will then have same gears that are in the Ranger XP1K
Thank you for the information, do you know approximately how much of a reduction that would be over the current Gears in the 17+ Highlifter?:
SHAFT, REVERSE, 29T (3235224)
GEAR, 44T, STAGE 2 (3235229)

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thank you for the information, do you know approximately how much of a reduction that would be over the current Gears in the 17+ Highlifter?:

Those are the same that were in mine. You would get additional 26% reduction across low, high and reverse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts

Those are the same that were in mine. You would get additional 26% reduction across low, high and reverse.

Thanks AnthonyH.

Last question, where does the Highlifter gets its gear reduction from then? I've been told the gearing in the front and rear differentials are a lower gear?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thanks AnthonyH.

Last question, where does the Highlifter gets its gear reduction from then? I've been told the gearing in the front and rear differentials are a lower gear?
It is done with the low gear set. The input shaft has 25T and matching low gear on reverse shaft has 67T. Regular XP has 29T and 64T. Interesting enough the HLE actually has a higher high gear at 45T input and 49T reverse shaft vs. The xp with 42T and 53T.
Nothing gearing wise is changed in diff.

·
Registered
439 Posts

Thanks AnthonyH.

It is done with the low gear set. The input shaft has 25T and matching low gear on reverse shaft has 67T. Regular XP has 29T and 64T. Interesting enough the HLE actually has a higher high gear at 45T input and 49T reverse shaft vs. The xp with 42T and 53T.
Nothing gearing wise is changed in diff.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'm very stumped on why they would have such a tall gear in High for...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts