Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 XP1K 2 seater, 32” roctanes, Dalton clutch kit, 4 seater helix on c4 setting, low engagement primary spring.

Buddy and I did the Ace 325 gear swap, 27% gear reduction over stock 2015 XP1K. Huge difference! If you rock crawl i highly recomend this setup. Clutch engauges very smooth and about 300-500 rpm lower than it did in exact same setup with oem 2015 gears.

I have also noticed in the exact same situation and trails a 40-70 degree belt tempurate drop. And i have not changed my driveing style at all.

Low top speed (according to speedo, that im guessing is off by a bit due to 32” roctanes) before 325 gears was 37mph. Low top speed with 325 gears is 27 now.

Havent had any room to see what high top speed is yet.

Bought the shaft and gear from partshark.com
3235450 48 tooth gear $92.03
3235451 shaft reverse 25 tooth $94.25

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to Hacket Gultch 3-31-18. Spent a lot of time in high. With 32" tires and the ace 325 gear swap my speedo is actually pretty damn close to dead on. off by about 3mph according to gps. Fastest i hit was 50 MPH and that was due to lack of straight aways. In high romping on throttle going up either hill from the river highest belt temp i seen was 158. Before 325 gears highest belt temp i seen was 230 and that was in low raggin it out to keep up with my buddies turbo. Now i have an easier time keeping pace with him, he is still way faster due to his additional 60 HP, but my RZR dont have to lug as much. And now low is really more for under 10mph crawling.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good to hear. I did the same gear swap along with upgrading the reverse chain a couple months ago. I cooked my belt last year on Holy Cross so knowing the reduction drops the belt temp is a bonus! I bought a blower fan for the clutch and haven't installed it yet. Wonder if I still need it?

I've only ridden my newly gear reduced RZR around my house & can say the difference is dramatic. Clutch engagement is much smoother & high feels more like low did before. Low should be night & day better for those slow, rocky trails.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear. I did the same gear swap along with upgrading the reverse chain a couple months ago. I cooked my belt last year on Holy Cross so knowing the reduction drops the belt temp is a bonus! I bought a blower fan for the clutch and haven't installed it yet. Wonder if I still need it?

I've only ridden my newly gear reduced RZR around my house & can say the difference is dramatic. Clutch engagement is much smoother & high feels more like low did before. Low should be night & day better for those slow, rocky trails.
I have a blower and had it before the gear reduction. So far the only time i used it was when i was trying to winch and crawl out of over 3’ of heavy wet snow. Even then it was not needed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
How do you have your fan wired in? Is it not on all the time?

I thought about a switch to control the fan but was afraid if it wasn't running it could cause an air flow restriction.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you have your fan wired in? Is it not on all the time?

I thought about a switch to control the fan but was afraid if it wasn't running it could cause an air flow restriction.
Rocker switch. Turn it on above 180, or when my right foot takes over.

·
Coolest guy in the World
258 Posts
I ordered the 47% gear reduction from RZRWORKS. I hope I didn't go too low.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The kit you ordered and the parts i did are not 100% the same, the parts i did simply change the reduction to the output shaft. The parts you did are more in depth and change the low only gearing. Im no expert on the rzr works kits. But from what i do understand. They sell can put together the gearing to just lower low or high or a number of combos. You have that option since you have a 16 rzr with the different output shaft. I dont have quite as many options as you. But i have found an oem way to get damn close.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I dont own a 1k but I do have the 15 900 s, buddy has 16 xp1k.

Heres some things to know, the ace 325 set will lower all 3 ranges H,L,R by roughly 27%. This is the same I done in the 900.

I have now done a 47% from rzrworks w heavier reverse chain. You might as well while you are in there.

As said before the 15 is diff from 16 n up but if you read my write up in the 900 section youll find PN’s etc to make a 15 into a 16’.

Im on 30’s and going to 33’s. W 30’s I can crawl steep angles at about 3 mph. Just spent time at windrock TN last week. Only tested two days but I love the 47 reduction since im more a crawler.

W 47% i can do 31mph low and 61 mph high by gps.

Ill not retype it all bc you can read all this in my writeup, but as ive said before on here:
Contact Carl at rzr works, tell him how, where, etc that you ride and what you want, he can get you set up.

-Sarge-

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm going to have to look this back up to be 100% sure but SSG's info is only kind of correct....
In the 900's it lowers it 27 % but the 17 XP4 come with lower gears stock than the 900 so the reduction is about only 14 % . If you go up to 32 in tires on the Xp you only end up about 5% below stock . I just did this to mine. It gave it back the grunt it had before I went to 32's plus a hair more. My opinion is that this is a good set-up if you intend to use your rig as a general purpose trail rig. If you intend on being more of a rock crawler kind of guy you should go lower. In theory if you are running 32's you are going to be 5% slower, if you run stock size tires you are going to be 14 % slower. I wouldn't worry about the top speed because that's not where we drive hardly at all. It gives you more power in a more usable range where we drive most of the time .

·
Registered
836 Posts
As jacksonjack points out, the 17 may be diff. My posting above referred to my 15’ 900 and friends 16’ 1k.
Id still contact carl and that will be the way to go.
Also as jacks points out, a small reduction to me teally wasnt that great since I was on 30’s and the stocks were 27’s, when I done the 325 gears it basically put me back to stock.
Now w me being primarily trails and rocks, the 47% is lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 20 of 52 Posts