Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Do we have any Dyno #'s yet on this big bore kit from Sparks Racing ?
The power gain, of course, depends on what level of build you're doing. A stock car at our shop makes about 67 RWHP. A race gas 1,110cc build is about 100 RWHP. These numbers are based on having all the required parts and modifications in place.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The power gain, of course, depends on what level of build you're doing. A stock car at our shop makes about 67 RWHP. A race gas 1,110cc build is about 100 RWHP. These numbers are based on having all the required parts and modifications in place.
A stock 1k is only making 67 at your shop Brandon? That's stock 900xp numbers. Did you mean 87?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
A stock 1k is only making 67 at your shop Brandon? That's stock 900xp numbers. Did you mean 87?
We dyno them with the clutch locked out, so the numbers are always lower than you typically hear about, but there are far less variables and repeatability is better. Stock 900 here was 56 RWHP.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Don't look at the 67 hp number but the gain. Every dyno is different. That is a 33 hp gain or 33% gain in hp. That is what you should look at.
Yup. I just wanted to know why the stock number looked so low. Once he said they were locking up the clutch, made total sense. I've seen the same thing locking up my clutch on the dyno. I'm curious what all was done on that race gas build. Was it just the the big bore or was there head work and cams in there also. Nice gains either way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't have dyno numbers yet but my friend Shawn just finished putting the Sparks 1110 kit with Racer Edge Head work and Boondocker's Turbo. I took it to the dunes to be tuned by Boondockers for him Industry weekend in Glamis and at 16 lbs boost it rips. It has to be 270 to the wheels. Its a big heavy 4 seater with HCR long travel and definitely needed the additional power. I will be doing piston, rods and the Boondocker turbo kit at 12 lbs boost on mine this summer.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Don't look at the 67 hp number but the gain. Every dyno is different. That is a 33 hp gain or 33% gain in hp. That is what you should look at.
Yup. I just wanted to know why the stock number looked so low. Once he said they were locking up the clutch, made total sense. I've seen the same thing locking up my clutch on the dyno. I'm curious what all was done on that race gas build. Was it just the the big bore or was there head work and cams in there also. Nice gains either way.
To achieve the kind of power numbers we're talking about you need to have our Stage 3 head, Stage 3 cams, valve springs, and etc. The 1000 has a very restrictive head, so head work is a must on any performance build, big bore or not.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
In notice the kit doesn't come with a radiator. How well does it cool in the dunes when it's pushing 85-90 degrees ambient air temp?
The kit doesn't require more radiator. The 1000 radiator is much better than the 900. Our cylinder holds more water than stock, so cooling the larger engine isn't a problem. It gets well over 100 degrees where we are. Our cars and many of our customers' cars are exposed to high temperatures with no issues.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looking in to one of these kits but there is little details on what is needed to all work together. How does a stage 3 motor build compare to a stock turbo and if I went with a 11:1 comp. then later a low boost 6-8 turbo would it hold up? Goal is about 150hp to the wheel.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Looking in to one of these kits but there is little details on what is needed to all work together. How does a stage 3 motor build compare to a stock turbo and if I went with a 11:1 comp. then later a low boost 6-8 turbo would it hold up? Goal is about 150hp to the wheel.
There are several options and ways to build a motor like that, so that's why we don't really assemble a complete kit or package. As far as durability, there is no comparison between the parts used in the kit and OEM. We have some customers who run upwards of 25-30psi on these kits with no problem. As far as a "Stage 3" engine package goes, we don't typically build an engine like that for a boosted application. You would, also, need higher compression to run the stage 3 cams in an NA build. I would say our most common 1,110 low boost turbo build would be our 1,110cc kit, stage 2 or 3 cylinder head (depending on budget and overall goal), and otherwise stock valve train.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.