Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would you share the parts list with me? I have two 2012 RZR 900XP 4 that I plan to do this fix on. One fix will be on the new transmission and on fix will be on a machine that has had a problem. I am hoping this fix will keep the good one running for quite awhile.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Would you share the parts list with me? I have two 2012 RZR 900XP 4 that I plan to do this fix on. One fix will be on the new transmission and on fix will be on a machine that has had a problem. I am hoping this fix will keep the good one running for quite awhile.
all the parts needed are in this thread. several places (vendors) to get bearings through. you can often find from a local bearing supplier as well, I did. They are pretty common bearings. the oil mod is simple - all parts on outside of trans and can be seen in pictures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Swepco Oil?? What grade Swepco oil are you running in the transmission? in the 4WD gear box?
I see we can buy: Swepco 201; 90W or 140W : Swepco 203 ; 90W or 250W: Swepco 210 : 80W - 140?
Found these available at Walmart online.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Swepco Oil?? What grade Swepco oil are you running in the transmission? in the 4WD gear box?
I see we can buy: Swepco 201; 90W or 140W : Swepco 203 ; 90W or 250W: Swepco 210 : 80W - 140?
Found these available at Walmart online.
I think I'm using the 202 - 75-90 synthetic. Keep in mind this IS quite a bit thicker than the Polaris and takes a bit to warm up when cold. Its not unusually to get a little out the breather port as the trans warms up and fluids / air expands. a fuel filter on breather helps with this as it captures this initial oil and lets it drain back to case. We have a few race shops and the local after market VW / buggy shop carries Swepco as its used a lot in old school VW trans and aftermarket Mendeola trans.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I have a 2015 XP 4 1000 that currently has 5300 miles on it. I switched to Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil at ~3000 miles. No issues yet but it seems that it's matter of when and not if.

Do you guys think that the oiler mod alone would be enough to keep the problematic bearing alive or should I just plan on pulling the tranny and going through it?

Excellent thread btw. Thanks to Bryan, Jeffco, and everyone else that has contributed to it.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
I have a 2015 XP 4 1000 that currently has 5300 miles on it. I switched to Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil at ~3000 miles. No issues yet but it seems that it's matter of when and not if.

Do you guys think that the oiler mod alone would be enough to keep the problematic bearing alive or should I just plan on pulling the tranny and going through it?

Excellent thread btw. Thanks to Bryan, Jeffco, and everyone else that has contributed to it.
If you've made it this long you "may" be in the group that never has a problem - but you never know. IMO, the mod is simple, cheap insurance, and only takes an hour or so. I don't see any negative reason to not do it. If you plan on keeping your RZR I would just schedule to pull the trans in the off season and service / inspect it and upgrade all bearings for longevity.

·
Premium Member
10,001 Posts
Mark it is a nice way to feed bearing extra oil, I do have over 5,000 hard miles on mine just keeping it serviced with no issues, I did replace all the bearings when installed Z1 because of everyone else's failures. But if you want it done let's do it.

261 - 273 of 273 Posts