Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy some kind of RZR soon, and the old drag racer and motocrosser in me is probably not going to be happy with anything less than the fastest unit.

I have a 2 yr old son, that loves to go with me everywhere and I want to ride him around on this thing as well. Do any of you put car seats in your RZRs? Or just strap them in the seat belt?

We are looking at the RZR S and the XP 900. What I will be doing with this thing is riding around the subdivision, yard, out on some dirt roads, and maybe some ORV areas. Am I just going overkill with a 900?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I think twisted stitch seats actually make a booster seat for kids. Don't know all the specifics on them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I use a car seat for my son who's almost two. He loves it and the carseat really keeps him in there securely. The booster seems a little big for his little body yet...maybe next year on that one.

XP9? Absolutely the best decision. By far, the xp9 has the best ride quality to soak up the bumps, further protecting their little necks (and its awesome for the fast riding).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Twisted stitch does make a booster for kids but it only works if you have harnesses. If you have the seatbelts just use his car seat. Make sure you use the H bracket(should be attached to the carseat) when your using the carseat because the RZR seatbelts do not lock properly for car seats. I have a couple of pics of the boy in the booster seat in my galleries if you plan on doing harnesses.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I sold my 4 seat Rhino for an XP and haven't looked back! My 2year old son likes riding in the RZR a lot more. Before he was in the bed and couldn't see the trails/road at all. Now he sits between his mom and I and feels more included. Plus it's a lot cheaper than adding a rear cage and seat, I had over $1100 in my setup. The center seat and harness from Utvgiant is $330. It fits and works awesome, plus makes a nice armrest when your kidless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank yall all for the heads up. We will be getting one of those center seats. Does the seat fit well in the RZR?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thank yall all for the heads up. We will be getting one of those center seats. Does the seat fit well in the RZR?
Yes it does, easy to install, only issue is it bolts in and has to be removed to remove the panel to get to the oil filter. I am kinda anal and change my oil a lot but its still worth it so my daughter can ride.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thanks terb, I appreciate it.

The seat fit great on mine, easy install. Two bolt and the harness around the cage and your done.

cb1300... I was in the same boat, didn't want to have to remove the seat to get to the filter so I just trimmed the engine cover so it will slide in/out with the seat still bolted in. Works great.

·
Registered
925 Posts
How big of a kid could fit in that seat? How about a female at 4'11" 95 lbs.?

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
If you have kids I would look at the xp 4, gives a but more options on who can go and if they're young means more storage for all their stuff you may pack around if you start to go out and use it more than around the house

·
Registered
173 Posts
How big of a kid could fit in that seat? How about a female at 4'11" 95 lbs.?
I would say not comfortable at all, it's pretty narrow and shoulder space would be very limited. My 5 year old girl fits fine but my 8 year old boy is a little uncomfortable

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks terb, I appreciate it.

The seat fit great on mine, easy install. Two bolt and the harness around the cage and your done.

cb1300... I was in the same boat, didn't want to have to remove the seat to get to the filter so I just trimmed the engine cover so it will slide in/out with the seat still bolted in. Works great.

I started to do that but this thing generates so much heat in the cab I was worried about making it worse. Did you notice it making a difference?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Didn't notice a difference at all. You could make some tabs and use the extra push pins from the tool kit if you wanted to use it. I was going to do this but decided against it after riding it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Didn't notice a difference at all. You could make some tabs and use the extra push pins from the tool kit if you wanted to use it. I was going to do this but decided against it after riding it.
Thanks, I'm changing oil tomorrow and will do just that.

·
Registered
808 Posts
As far as the OP's question on the S vs XP, get the XP, your back and your boys neck will thank you. Much smoother ride when you start hitting the rough stuff. You may think you're not going to hit any rough stuff, but you will eventually.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As far as the OP's question on the S vs XP, get the XP, your back and your boys neck will thank you. Much smoother ride when you start hitting the rough stuff. You may think you're not going to hit any rough stuff, but you will eventually.
I appreciate that man. Sounds like the 900 is just the ticket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts