Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Jack*** of All Trades
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I decided to take the plunge and tear into my new XP 4. After looking at the high prices for all the aftermarket goodies I thought I would just do it myself. I will post pics of my progress. I started tonight so here is what I have so far.

This is my arsenal I have in my garage to tackle this project. Miller 210 mig, Miller Syncrowave 250 tig, Miller 1025 plasma cutter, Extreme electric over hydraulic tube bender, and my homemade tube roller.

I took the factory stink bug cage off.

Then I took off the plate that bolts the radius rods on.

I made a new plate out of 3/16 plate to weld the bumper to. I also put a radius on the top bar of the bumper. This is as far as I got tonight but will be continuing.

I was able to get a little more done this weekend. Here is the rear bumper finishing stages.

Then I started on the sides. I angled the front out a little to provide a little more protection overhead. I also added a radius to the top. I attached the cage reusing the stock bungs that I turned down in the lathe.

I added the side up-rights

Here are the grab handles

Here is a 360 deg of a stock cage side by side.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Nice complement of tools there!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looking Good! Looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life...

·
Jack*** of All Trades
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made a little more progress on the cage this weekend. I put the pics in my original post to keep the progress more fluid so you don't have to jump around looking for them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very nice work so far!

·
Registered
925 Posts
This is looking killer! Nice job! Keep posting pics!

·
Jack*** of All Trades
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I made some more progress on the cage this weekend. The pics are in the original post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sure hope you're writing down all your measurements so you can send them to me when you're done. This is by far one of the best looking cages out there. Have you thought of eliminating the cast pieces under the dash where the cage mounts? That seems like a major weak link on the stock cages.

·
Jack*** of All Trades
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sure hope you're writing down all your measurements so you can send them to me when you're done. This is by far one of the best looking cages out there. Have you thought of eliminating the cast pieces under the dash where the cage mounts? That seems like a major weak link on the stock cages.
The material that polaris used in the cast pieces are actually quite hard. I noticed this when i was turning the bungs down in the lathe. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Do you have a write up on that home made tube roller? If not, than some more info would be appreciated. I can see that it started out as a pipe bender.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts