Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First disclaimer - NOT my idea as a few others have posted similar ideas on Facebook. Not a huge facebook fan - so posting here! This was done on a 2020 Pro XP 4 Ultimate. No guarantees for other years/models.

As video shows - very simple way to add a storage toolbox in the wasted space below the rear driver seat on an XP 4. Total cost about $20. Couple hours of time. Less than a 6 pack project. Parts used - Piano hinge from Home Depot, Cheap tool box from Harbor freight, and I used pop rivets for the hinge mounts. Tools - Torx Bit, Wrench/socket to turn the mounting bolts for the seat bottoms around, something to cut the plastic (I just used a multitool and cutoff wheel), heat gun to mold the tool box to fit properly. I might add a piece of foam between the toolbox and the center area to better protect the coolant and electrical lines.

Grey Auto part Motor vehicle Hood Air gun

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Youtube Video RZR PRO XP 4 Under Seat Storage Toolbox

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can provide any additional info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I just finished doing this today! I was playing around with different storage boxes and ended up cutting the top lip off of this box from home depot(HDX 7 Gal. Tough Storage Tote in Black with Yellow Lid 206152), then drilling/tapping some screws to hold it in place.. It fit the space very well, I used a heat gun to mold the bottom a little around one of the vertical frame rails. It keeps everything a few inches away from the cooling lines. I ended up drilling drain holes in it since their is no lid now and will just keep things in a dry bag in it.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Product Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Rectangle Gas Wood Metal Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Font Technology Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
2022 RZR Pro XP4
536 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I just finished doing this today! I was playing around with different storage boxes and ended up cutting the top lip off of this box from home depot(HDX 7 Gal. Tough Storage Tote in Black with Yellow Lid 206152), then drilling/tapping some screws to hold it in place.. It fit the space very well, I used a heat gun to mold the bottom a little around one of the vertical frame rails. It keeps everything a few inches away from the cooling lines. I ended up drilling drain holes in it since their is no lid now and will just keep things in a dry bag in it.
Nicely done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts