Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 21 XP 4 1000 with the 29" Maxxis Bighorns 9 in front and 11 in the rear (all 14" rims) and have been thinking about upgrading to a set with all four the same so I can have a common spare. I ran across a guy with 32" Sedona Rockabillys (not sure what rim size yet) and was wondering if anybody had done a similar upgrade on their machine. From research, the Rockabillys are either 37.7 lbs on 14" rims or 37lbs on 15" rims where as my Bighorns are 32lbs for the rear and about 26lbs for the front.

With this big of a weight difference, is there anything else I should worry about (ie the clutch, belt, etc). I mostly do trail riding in East TN and Southwest VA (Royal Blue, Brimstone, Spearhead, etc) and we are planning a trip to Hatfield-McCoys in WVa in the spring.

Also, how do I change the odometer calibration for the newer tire size?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 XP4 1000, tons of mods
500 Posts
Ok whole bunch of answers for you. Yes! A lot of people have done just that all gone to an aftermarket wheel with same width. Usually a 7” wide wheel with 10” wide tire. If you go any larger then a 32” tire a clutch kit is highly recommended. Also if you do a beadlock wheel with a 30” tire. A 14” wheel or 15” wheel is personal preference. I have sets of both depending on the wheel and tire combination I am running at the time. I recommend a clutch kit either way. As for offset of the wheel. The stock wheels are a 6+1 offset. You can find aftermarket wheels with same offset. Most will be 5+2 or 4+3. Get the 5+2 as they are the closest to stock. If you go up to a 31 or 32” tire. The scrub will have taken care of itself in a 5+2 wheel and put you back to normal handling as far as scrub is concerned. As for width of your car. If you go with a 10” wide tire and a 5+2 offset. You will be 3” wider overall.
All that being said.... I run a 32”x10x14 or a 32x10x15.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really like the stock Bighorns but when it is time to replace I’m going square with 30x9.5-15 LT tires. I just bought a set of Turbo S wheels off this forum so I have 4 15x7 wheels with a pretty close to 6-1 backspacing. Now just to find a 5th wheel.... I wouldn’t mind a 5-2 or even 4-3 backspacing but I have to strap my RZR now to fit in our toy hauler so need the close to stock backspacing.

·
Registered
32 Posts

32s on 15s

Did Dalton clutch kit and wish I hadn't. Stock felt fine.

The weights they rec tune the clutch perfectly for the tire. Launching hard on pavement gets a little wheel spin and then grip and go.

I'd recommend Hunterworks rollers and then run it stock for a bit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Running the 32x14 KM3s on 5+2 STI HD9 bead locks..great combo, little noticeable scrub...had the KM3 30s on prior And sold em with 2000 miles on them with 12/32 tread left these wear like Iron..and still a great tire in that size, just wanted a better ride and clearance gain with 32s. Cat gutted and AA with Hunterworks rollers and belt. No clutch work needed with this setup...2019 XP4 premium with 2500 miles on stock clutch still strong,

·
Registered
2014 XP4 1000, tons of mods
500 Posts
I have to ask Cyborg ..what the chrome clamps are on your front lowers?
Sorry for delay. Been busy with the holiday and work. Those clamps are the attachments for the Shock Therapy front sway bar. Absolutely the best stabilization component I have added to the car! 50mph 4 wheel drifts through the AZ desert is nothing to worry about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts