Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
How much preload are you running?

Honestly not sure. The guys at the shop installed them and told me they set them at similar factory settings. Kinda new to this suspension topic but learning.

Right on. You would have to jack the car up off the ground to get a measurement. I am also curious where they set up your ride height.

I'll do it this weekend since I need to power wash the heck out of the machine anyways. If you can explain exactly where to where to measure that would be great

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Honestly not sure. The guys at the shop installed them and told me they set them at similar factory settings. Kinda new to this suspension topic but learning.

Right on. You would have to jack the car up off the ground to get a measurement. I am also curious where they set up your ride height.

I'll do it this weekend since I need to power wash the heck out of the machine anyways. If you can explain exactly where to where to measure that would be great
Okay sounds good.

The front for example, uses a 10" mainspring and 6" upper spring. Throw the spring divider in and you have 16.5" from the end of one spring to the end of the other. With the front of the jacked up off the ground, 16.5" would mean you have 0 preload. Preload is how much the the springs are compressed from their natural length. So if you have a measurement of 15.5" that would mean you have 1" of preload.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts

Okay sounds good.

The front for example, uses a 10" mainspring and 6" upper spring. Throw the spring divider in and you have 16.5" from the end of one spring to the end of the other. With the front of the jacked up off the ground, 16.5" would mean you have 0 preload. Preload is how much the the springs are compressed from their natural length. So if you have a measurement of 15.5" that would mean you have 1" of preload.

Thank you for explaining very clearly

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Okay sounds good.

Thank you for explaining very clearly
No problem. Happy to help.

·
Registered
568 Posts
SO!!! glad I just found this thread. The last few days I have been debating Stage 2 vs Stage 3. Looks like I have now made up my mind on the Stage 3 :D

Very happy to have this option and not need to pay the big buck to take my RZR up to PHX. Interesting how "their" spring setups have dropped $200 recently now that there are more obvious options ;)

Question: Are the ST "quiet" crossovers worth the hype? Or do you really not hear anything coming out of the rear Eibach crossovers?

I do kind of wish Eibach had a front crossover as an option :(

·
Vendor
122 Posts
I do kind of wish Eibach had a front crossover as an option :(
Im getting enough people asking for this to possibly make it an option. I'll do my homework after SEMA.

(By the way, if any of you attend SEMA stop by our booth!)

For now you can simply buy it on your own and bolt it on.

Thanks for choosing Eibach!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Did I misunderstand an earlier post? I thought Eibach did not currently have a front crossover in the 2" size for us to bolt on?

Still wondering if the Eibach crossovers make any noise compared to the ST version.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Did I misunderstand an earlier post? I thought Eibach did not currently have a front crossover in the 2" size for us to bolt on?

Still wondering if the Eibach crossovers make any noise compared to the ST version.
I haven't notice any noise at all from my rear crossovers.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Great thanks!!! Stage 3 is on order!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hopefully I can get them on prior to campRZR.

Right now my front OEM uppers are bound up just sitting in the garage ... they are played out ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and say wow wow wow what a difference from stock to the stage 3 on my rzr 4 1000. Spent 5 days in the dunes weekend before hallloween and had 3 passengers, wife, 6 & 8 year old in the back, tote full of tools and cooler full of beverages. I set it up just as the instructions came from eibach. I didn't bottom out once, and it felt awesome, felt like a dam caddy thru the dunes. Absolutely best mod I have done to date and I should of done it much sooner.

·
Vendor
122 Posts
For you local folks we've decided to do another free install day December 9th. We have 4 slots open: 2 before lunch and 2 after. While your rig is being worked on we'll take you for a facility tour and show you how we do what we do!

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rynomax knows his stuff!!
LOL Thanks PK. I just know what I know from doing a ton of reading on the subject and what I have personally tried. I hate all the secrecy regarding spring rates and I love that Eibach is up front with that info. I'm far from a expert though and I have barely scratched the surface in regards to suspension knowledge. Shocks and suspension have always intrigued me. Getting ready to have a good friend of mine do some valving on my shocks so I am hoping to learn a lot more from him. And have my shocks work better of course.....
Did you ever do your valving? If so how is it and what did you put in?

61 - 80 of 102 Posts