Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
summit racing is cheap for these setups. just bought the stage 2 kit for my 2 seater and it was 599 shipped and got here in 2 days.

Was real disappointed it didn't have the front crossover ring as I though I was getting that. Should be an option for those of us that want it for the hell of it. Don't want to spend another 100 for the well know crook at Shock Therapy but I wont get into that..

Can we buy yours separately?
Lol You wouldn't be referring to the Revenge Racing fiasco would you? Definitely some questionable stuff.

Eibach doesn't make a crossover for a 2.0 but there is another option other than Shock Therapy.
Suspension Direct UDCOR20 - UTV Suspension Services - Services | Suspension Direct, Inc.
Revenge racing Predator or whatever. I guess as long as you don't leave your car at his shop for him to sell it off and claim it was stolen from his shop you are good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
And when you say 85mm of preload what are you measuring exactly? Are you measuring from the bottom of the shock cap down to the adjustment ring? 85mm is a TON of preload. I'm running lighter rates than you and I only have 25mm preload both front and rear.

I guess I am not sure where you are measuring. The instructions included an initial setup guide. That setup was for there to be used the place to measure. The measurement was between the shock cap down to the adjustment ring. The suggested starting point was 115 for the rear and 70 for the front.

If you are only running 25mm there then we aren't measuring in the same spot. My adjustment ring wasn't even touching the spring at 25mm. Can you send a picture of your setup with a tape measure laying next to the springs....showing overall length??

Also.....is yours a Stage 3 or a mix of Stage 3 and Stage 2 springs??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rynomx.....

I think I figured out how you are measuring your springs. So.....I jacked up the RZR and measured the springs from end to end. Here is where I am at....

Front
Primary Spring = 10"
Tender Spring = 6"
Spacer = 1/2"
Unloaded total = 16.5"

My Front Overall = 15.5" (so 1" of preload)

Rear
Primary Spring = 18"
Tender Spring = 8"
Spacer = 1/2"
Unloaded total = 26.5"

My Rear Overall = 25.25" (so 1.25" of preload)

My rear end is about 1/2" high right now, but when I get the box and spare mounted up it should be about perfect.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Rynomx.....

I think I figured out how you are measuring your springs. So.....I jacked up the RZR and measured the springs from end to end. Here is where I am at....

Front
Primary Spring = 10"
Tender Spring = 6"
Spacer = 1/2"
Unloaded total = 16.5"

My Front Overall = 15.5" (so 1" of preload)

Rear
Primary Spring = 18"
Tender Spring = 8"
Spacer = 1/2"
Unloaded total = 26.5"

My Rear Overall = 25.25" (so 1.25" of preload)

My rear end is about 1/2" high right now, but when I get the box and spare mounted up it should be about perfect.
That's exactly what I was i looking for. Thank you. That's about exactly where the stage 3 kit I helped setup ended up too.

It's best to actually measure the springs because it gives you a legit 0 for the starting point because you know how long your spring are with no tension on them. Measuring from the top cap is going to give to a different measurement with different rates and spring lengths.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So got my kit today and put on the fronts. Have a stage 2 2 seater. I noticed the instructions say to set it at 110mm of preload which seems like a lot also noticed the front main spring is shorter than my stocker? Is this right?
It's not actually 110mm of preload because they have you measure from the top cap off the shock in the instructions for some reason. Start with a half inch or so and go from there.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
summit racing is cheap for these setups. just bought the stage 2 kit for my 2 seater and it was 599 shipped and got here in 2 days.

Was real disappointed it didn't have the front crossover ring as I though I was getting that. Should be an option for those of us that want it for the hell of it. Don't want to spend another 100 for the well know crook at Shock Therapy but I wont get into that..

Can we buy yours separately?
Lol You wouldn't be referring to the Revenge Racing fiasco would you? Definitely some questionable stuff.

Eibach doesn't make a crossover for a 2.0 but there is another option other than Shock Therapy.
Suspension Direct UDCOR20 - UTV Suspension Services - Services | Suspension Direct, Inc.
Revenge racing Predator or whatever. I guess as long as you don't leave your car at his shop for him to sell it off and claim it was stolen from his shop you are good.
A lot of people are unfamiliar with his past. Crazy stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So got my kit today and put on the fronts. Have a stage 2 2 seater. I noticed the instructions say to set it at 110mm of preload which seems like a lot also noticed the front main spring is shorter than my

stocker? Is this right?
It's not actually 110mm of preload because they have you measure from the top cap off the shock in the instructions for some reason. Start with a half inch or so and go from there.

Yeah my stocker was 2 in longer that what they sent me. The main front is a 10" spring. 110mm is about 4" down which left me sitting at 13.5 in the front and per there instructions I'm 13" in the rear.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So got my kit today and put on the fronts. Have a stage 2 2 seater. I noticed the instructions say to set it at 110mm of preload which seems like a lot also noticed the front main spring is shorter than my

stocker? Is this right?

Yeah my stocker was 2 in longer that what they sent me. The main front is a 10" spring. 110mm is about 4" down which left me sitting at 13.5 in the front and per there instructions I'm 13" in the rear.
Which spring is shorter? It should be a 6" upper and a 10" lower. Both my Eibach springs and stock springs were the same lengths in front.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I was the guy that rynomx785 help set up...i got the stage 3 from Ryan at Eibach and was at my door in 2 days. Thanks again.

Rynomx785 is very knowlegable and these springs and was kind enough to help me bang this out. The springs have settled in and is now great. I have about 14 1/2 inches clearance which clears all in my way.

Love the set up so far. Very smooth. When i ride with my family of 4 on long desert runs I just love it.

Thx again.

Travis

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I was the guy that rynomx785 help set up...i got the stage 3 from Ryan at Eibach and was at my door in 2 days. Thanks again.

Rynomx785 is very knowlegable and these springs and was kind enough to help me bang this out. The springs have settled in and is now great. I have about 14 1/2 inches clearance which clears all in my way.

Love the set up so far. Very smooth. When i ride with my family of 4 on long desert runs I just love it.

Thx again.

Travis
Thanks Travis. Happy to help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It looks like on the 16s they are using a longer main spring. Interesting.

So I guess you guys with these size springs 10 main and 6 tender in the older models seem to be setting your preload a lot less that what I had to do. Curious if the 2016 is a longer shock? If so, should this affect anything or should I be calling them and seeing about swapping to a 12" spring? Maybe the Eibach guy will chime in.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
It looks like on the 16s they are using a longer main spring. Interesting.

So I guess you guys with these size springs 10 main and 6 tender in the older models seem to be setting your preload a lot less that what I had to do. Curious if the 2016 is a longer shock? If so, should this affect anything or should I be calling them and seeing about swapping to a 12" spring? Maybe the Eibach guy will chime in.
No you will still have a similar preload amount as the rest of us. Spring length will not change ride height at all. Your preload collar will just be 2" further down the shock body than it was stock. That is why I was saying it best to measure the springs to see how much preload you have and not from the shock cap down. Jack the front of the car up off the ground and run the preload collar down until both springs measure 15.5". At 0 preload they would measure 16.5" (10" main/0.5" divider/6" upper).

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
So this weekend I was able to try out my new stage 3 Eibachs and wow! What a diff!! I carry a lot of weight, spare, tools etc and where I would normally bottom out on some dips I was very surprised it didn't. What great ride and loved the clearance it gave me!
ImageUploadedByRZRForums.net1475385971.415560.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
So this weekend I was able to try out my new stage 3 Eibachs and wow! What a diff!! I carry a lot of weight, spare, tools etc and where I would normally bottom out on some dips I was very surprised it didn't. What great ride and loved the clearance it gave me!

View attachment 326073

How much preload are you running?

Honestly not sure. The guys at the shop installed them and told me they set them at similar factory settings. Kinda new to this suspension topic but learning.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·

View attachment 326073

How much preload are you running?

Honestly not sure. The guys at the shop installed them and told me they set them at similar factory settings. Kinda new to this suspension topic but learning.
Right on. You would have to jack the car up off the ground to get a measurement. I am also curious where they set up your ride height.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts