Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RZR XP 1000
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General consensus are you all using aftermarket skid plates? If so which one do you recommend? I was looking at this one from Tusk: Tusk HD Quiet-Glide Skid Plate. I like to ride a little bit of everything but I really enjoy trail and rock crawling.

To give a little back story I traded in my 50" 900 trail for an XP 1000. I really wanted a more capable machine. I left the OEM skid plate on the 900 and I was fine with it since it covered most everything. I was surprised to see the the OEM skid plate on the XP doesn't cover the bottom of the foot wells. So I am considering a new one that covers everything and provides better protection.

As an aside is there a skid plate just for the underside of the foot wells? I looked but wasn't able to find any.

·
Registered
2021 RZR XP 1000
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after more consideration and research I decided to go with a 3/8" UHMW skid plate and rock sliders from Factory UTV.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went with the ricochet 1/2 inch UHMW no drilling and works great u will have to drill a couple holes out a little bigger but no frame drill with this

·
Registered
'17 4-1000
307 Posts
satv here and yes it was a pain to drill all the holes but i've always been happy w/satv so that's why i went with them. and i'm happy w/the fitment and general result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts