Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB, 2- front OEM beadlock wheels off a TRE 1000 with or without the beadlock rings. Must be straight and have good lug holes and ring bolt threads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The fronts and the rears on the same on the TRE... and they are flippin expensive from the dealer as I found out when I went to buy a spare. I'm planning on replacing mine with aftermarket to match the aftermarket spare I ended up with so PM me with an offer if you are still looking and I might swap-out sooner rather than later :). I have a 2018 and believe they are still in near-new condition with no rock rash or other issues.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, fronts are 14x6 and rears are 14x8. I would be interested in the 2 fronts.What state are you in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well crud, I was mis-informed by the dealer then who said they were 14x7 front and rear and I of course ordered a 14x7 5-2 on their word :(. Now I have to find out if I'm going to have clearance or fit issues. I'm all the way over in Colorado, will be at ROTR if you are by chance headed there. Dang I should have researched more on my own first :/

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
14x7 5-2 work great you are gud. Just order 4 more to match your spare if thats what you want. What is the date of the ROTR? maybe if you get your wheels by then we can find a ride back close to east TN, if you dont have new wheels by then we can get a price on shipping to 37756.Thanks,JC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the sanity check, I was distracted by work and not thinking when I replied before. An extra 1" of width on the outside of the hub will be fine since I'm not stuffing these in a wheel well (come from Jeeps, new to RZRs). I ordered new wheels last night, STI HD9 Complocks, and they'll arrive next Tuesday. So I'll have some nice boxing and packing materials ready to go.

The rally is the 15th to the 19th, just a little over one week away! If there is a club or group in your area and you know somebody heading to the rally let me know. I really need to finish up enough of my build this weekend to get it trail worthy again LOL.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe, sounds good. might just do the shipping since you will have boxes. I will PM a offer and we can go from there.

·
Living the Dream :-)
608 Posts
If you put the stock rears (8") on the front, the tie rod ends will hit the inside of the rim and gouge it in sharp turns. I do not know if the 7" will have that problem ... It depends on the offset of the wheels. I am near Dallas and am looking for two front stock wheels as well. A friend (HoustonHaySeed) and I each have one spare front and want another so we can both run 4 fronts.

·
608 Posts
That is what I want to do also,run 4 fronts.
I have thought of buying a set of 1" spacers and that would allow one of us to run all rears and the other run all fronts. Of course that would make one machine 2" wider. Tires are the same all around.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have thought of buying a set of 1" spacers and that would allow one of us to run all rears and the other run all fronts. Of course that would make one machine 2" wider. Tires are the same all around.
I will trade my rears for your fronts if you want to do that?

·
608 Posts
I will trade my rears for your fronts if you want to do that?
Thanks for the offer but HoustonHayseed and I already own one spare front and one spare rear each which means together we own an extra set of 4 wheels (2F&2R). We are good friends that ride together often so if we cannot find two more fronts, we may just do some swapping to get to the configuration mentioned above.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I might have a deal going with TrailJoe (see above). If it doesnt work out think about this,I will trade my fronts for your rears and buy your spare front also. Then you would have five rears. Long shot I know but just throwing it out there if/when you and HH decide on a plan.

·
608 Posts
I might have a deal going with TrailJoe (see above). If it doesnt work out think about this,I will trade my fronts for your rears and buy your spare front also. Then you would have five rears. Long shot I know but just throwing it out there if/when you and HH decide on a plan.
Between us, we have 6 fronts and 6 rears already. I am certain we can work it out with what we have presuming we cannot find two more fronts. But thanks anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Something to think about regarding running 4 rears is the additional offset and the impact to scrub angle. I'm coming from a solid axle, poor ride quality Jeep background so this fancy smooth independent suspension is a bit new to me. But Shock Therapy has a good article on it and they seem to be some of the best experts out there... Wheel Offset and Suspension Performance

Wouldn't running 4 fronts compromise strength a bit? Guess it depends on how hard you run but the rear wheels seem to carry majority of the weight and take the most beating. Although no idea what differences in weight rating are front to back on the stock rims since I had thought they were all the same to begin with on this model :|. Just actually glancing I see the big difference and am a bit ashamed never noticed before.

·
608 Posts
How much is a front from the dealer?
They cost $169.33. Now that is only the casting. Does not include the beadlock rim, the stem, the cap, the 18 bolts or the lug nuts. It is here:
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/polaris/side-by-side/2017/rzr-xp-1000-z17vd-99ab-ak-am-aw-lw-az-ap/wheels-front-z17vdr99az

Update: I just (5/20/18) bought the casting only part of the front wheel from CheapCycleParts using promo code "FREE99" for $159.70 Still looking for one or two more of these wheels.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bought two from a forum member here so thank you to him for the smooth transaction. Would like one more TRE OEM front rim for a spare.
Thanks,JC

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anybody running 4 rears with the spacers? Just interested to know if its working out? Have a buddy running a 900 4 seater and quit running spacers as it was eating wheel bearings.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts