Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2012 S LE in April . Since then I been adding accessories an addiction I have.Today I loaded it on the trailer and it looked like I didn't have much ground clearance so I took a tape and checked with no one in the Rzr it measured 9 3/8" WOW seems like i lost a lot. The book says 12" is this empty? Can't believe I lost 2 5/8" that's a lot . anyone else measured their ride? I ordered springs will this get it back to spec ?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I've heard that kitchen sinks can be quite heavy....:)

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Have you been riding alot? You may have gotten some defective springs...New ones may help but you may want to buy heavier ones to accomodate the extra weight

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking its just all the accessories along with weak springs don't have that many miles on it .

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Id say weak springs..My buddy lost height after two rides on his LE S model...Springs will fix your Height Problem..Just make sure you talk with whoever your going to buy them from and tell them what kind of accessories you have so they can recommend the right weight spring

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Okay, two words. Junk Springs. Polaris insists on using cheap Chinese springs. They start to sag on the first ride and go downhill from there. You can gain some ride height back by adjusting the preload at the expense of a harsher ride. The true fix is new springs. I run Makin' Trax and swear by them, but there are others out there too like RacerTech and Eibach. Check the vendor section, there are several in there. I run 250 rears and 225 fronts and just enough preload that the spring doesn't walk around when unloaded.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine did the same. I put Makin Trax on mine. Im 13 in the front and 10.5 in the rear. I cant figure out why im sagging in the rear, i started a thread about it but never got any replies

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Call (don't email) Steve.

I'd rather be riding in the desert than using Tapatalk!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i've expierienced sag with makin trax springs, also. Nobody wants to believe me, but I'm back to 9" in the back.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
I had the same issue with my stock springs almost immediately, so i replaced them with RaceTech springs, I got the heavier rated ones, and I love them, ride height came back and a better responsive Rzr.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had the same issue with my stock springs almost immediately, so i replaced them with RaceTech springs, I got the heavier rated ones, and I love them, ride height came back and a better responsive Rzr.
RacerTech springs on my 2011 50". 3500 miles later, springs are still good but shock bodies are hammered.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Mine did the same. I put Makin Trax on mine. Im 13 in the front and 10.5 in the rear. I cant figure out why im sagging in the rear, i started a thread about it but never got any replies
not trying to be rude but any chance you have the front and rear springs mixed up? if not then you need heavier rear springs.

i have measured showroom rzrs, and most are 1" short of advertized, but within specks of -/+ 3' , lol , did any of you check when they were new? it is very normal for the polaris springs to get sagging. the aftermarket thrives on this.

with a 2" lift my standard is only 10 3/4 " and the claimed 10" never existed.:rm_thumbdown: don't worrie that you have too much stuff, you can fix it with a lift or good springs, JMO..
Frank

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Yeh, when I first mounted my MakinTrax progressive springs (225F/250R), I ended up with the same clearance as you. I then put one-turn of pre-load on the front springs, and 1-inch of pre-load on the rears, which left me with just over 13-inches of clearance both front and back. I'm a happy camper now........

Cheers

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Just so everyone knows and we don't get another "where's Steve from Makin Trax?" Thread going. UTV inc. is trying to become the distributor of King Progressive Springs, they had them up in there vendor section and they are now on hold until the middle of this coming week. Guess they are working out the details, I don't really know. But Makin Trax is no longer on the RZRFORUM.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
........UTV inc. is trying to become the distributor of King Progressive Springs, they had them up in there vendor section and they are now on hold until the middle of this coming week. Guess they are working out the details, I don't really know........
Ya, isn't that GREAT news! These springs are about the best mod you can make to your RZR! I just wish they would offer a 225F/300R package for the RZR-S L/E; that would be the perfect set-up, IMO, based on the final settings on mine.

Cheers

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Just so everyone knows and we don't get another "where's Steve from Makin Trax?" Thread going. UTV inc. is trying to become the distributor of King Progressive Springs, they had them up in there vendor section and they are now on hold until the middle of this coming week. Guess they are working out the details, I don't really know. But Makin Trax is no longer on the RZRFORUM.
Not true, Steve is still around and doing business. Just call him.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Not true, Steve is still around and doing business. Just call him.
Nothing I said was untrue, MAKIN TRAX is no longer on the RZRFORUM as a vendor, I NEVER said he was no longer in business. You should go back and read my original post before you accuse me of lying please.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did measure when I first purchased and I had 12" front and back. Been adding a lot of heavy accessories and didn't pay attention to the height until recently and it was 9 3/8" same front and back. I don't think I got 150 miles on the Rzr yet. I did call racer Tech when I first posted this thread and ordered the heavy springs their in but they need to get the spacers that go between the springs in . Hopefully I can drive down and pick them up the first of this coming week sure looking to trying them out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts