Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 17 xp 1000 rock and trails. My front shafts are getting very sloppy. I ordered a new shaft to see if that fixes the issue. If not, can anyone tell me what comes with the oem diff cups. From looking at the micro phish, it looks like both cups and bearings but i'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Comes as an assembly, both output hubs with spacer and bearings pressed on

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. where did you find it the cheapest. Rocky mountain is $324. Anywhere cheaper?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
In the parts diagram I saw it looked like you would need qty 2 of part number 3236351 correct or when you say comes as an assembly both output hubs do you only need qty 1 of 3236351?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
In the parts diagram I saw it looked like you would need qty 2 of part number 3236351 correct or when you saw comes as an assembly both output hubs do you only need qty 1 of 3236351?
Just the one part number... I ordered from Partzilla

·
Registered
476 Posts
You will also want to get a new sleeve that connects both output hubs inside the diff. When the hubs spin independently of each other they also rotate on this metal sleeve that connects and supports both hubs in the middle left to right. It shows this is included with one hub, not sure if you get it when you buy one or both. Good idea to ask so you have the right parts. Suggest you lube that sleeve. These tight fitting parts might gall before lube reaches them. I have seen this happen.

With that said. SATV Rhino axles fit tighter on my TRE rig than OEM axles. Unless you can move the inside hub simple fix might be new axles. I would try that first because you need to replace them if current axles are fitting loose.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldn’t go back oem, go ahead and upgrade while you’re in there doing it anyway. Not the cheapest option but from what I’ve heard it’s a solid setup. Plan on getting it installed in mine when I stop riding for the summer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That looks like a solid setup, but the price is not reasonable IMO. Sandcraft seems to be a more cost effective option. I really like the Expedition bearings they offer. Their specific pinion bearing with flexible cage has been very durable so far. Nothing wrong with high end parts if you need them and budget allows. Unfortunately, they left plenty of room for improvement in these small diffs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts