Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,668 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
I really need to get off my ass and make the trip out there. I keep seeing more videos with so much awesome stuff, really disappointed in myself that I've never been.

·
craigstumph
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What is the fairest way to test the tires in the RZR Forum members opinion?

1. All new?
2. Broke in?
3. Does not matter?

Some tires actually work better when the rounded part of the edge is worn off.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,668 Posts
What is the fairest way to test the tires in the RZR Forum members opinion?

1. All new?
2. Broke in?
3. Does not matter?

Some tires actually work better when the rounded part of the edge is worn off.
I would scuff them all off on blacktop for at least 25 miles if possible. It was extremely noticeable with my Warriors, but every other tire I've ran always seemed to do better after a few rides than right out of the gate.

·
xc racer
1,348 Posts
I say worn in. Most of us can't buy new tires all the time so real world results would be with a broken in tire

·
craigstumph
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
One of the contenders 35x10-15 SuperATV XT Warrior Tires SlikRok Edition

Tire Weight: 57 lbs
Rim Weight: 20 lbs
Height: 34.75" @10 psi
Carcass Width Mounted on 15x7 Pro Armor Wheel: 10.5" @ 10 psi
Tread Width Mounted on 15x7" Pro Armor Wheel: 8.75" @ 10 psi
Durometer A @ 70 degrees F. 48.25

Tire Link:

Advertised weight 58 lbs

·
craigstumph
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I say worn in. Most of us can't buy new tires all the time so real world results would be with a broken in tire
We are giving the test tires 50 miles of rock crawling action to scuff them off and allow the tires to naturally round the leading edges off to improve traction. When tires used on rocks are rounded off on the leading edge they provide more traction when torque is applied to them on rock. The lugs bend backwards opposite the torque and the rounded surface actually produces more contact patch than a flat faced lug.

·
craigstumph
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
MRT Tire Testing Report 5-26-17 Sand Hollow Utah.

We ran the 35x10x15 MRT Super Sticky tires at Sand Hollow. Three trails were conquered during the test for a total of 21 miles. Milts Mile, Double Sammy and the Maze were our test areas. The Three Monkeys on Milts Mile gave us the opportunity to start to break the MRTs in on a steep vertical climb. Here we ran several combinations of air pressures until we found the combo that worked best on our super trick Turbo S. We found that 10 PSI rear and 8 PSI front worked best for the Three Monkeys vertical climb on our test vehicle. The more we drove the MRTs the better they worked. You Gotta Be Nuts on the Maze was driven without any problems.We found zero problems with these tires and feel confident in any situation using this tire even with only 21 miles on this set. A very impressive tire for rocks that can one shot anything we pointed them at on those three trails.

Front and rear tires shown for comparison. Note the rippling on the rear tires. This is what a soft competition tire does. Our next move is to rotate the tires and break the fronts in before the test. Tire durometer testing tools show also. More on this later.

·
craigstumph
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
SuperATV XT 35x10x15 sticky Warrior SlikRok Edition tires arrived for testing. We have them mounted on Pro Armor 5+2 wheels. Pics and updated specs coming soon.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
SuperATV XT 35x10x15 sticky Warrior SlikRok Edition tires arrived for testing. We have them mounted on Pro Armor 5+2 wheels. Pics and updated specs coming soon.
Great running into you on Saturday! Super excited for the video and the write up!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
craigstumph
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
35x10-15 SuperATV XT Warrior Tires SlikRok Edition Specs

Tire Weight: 57 lbs
Rim Weight: 20 lbs
Height: 34.75" @10 psi
Carcass Width Mounted on 15x7 Pro Armor Wheel: 10.5" @ 10 psi
Tread Width Mounted on 15x7" Pro Armor Wheel: 8.75" @ 10 psi
Durometer A @ 70 degrees F. 48.25