Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problems with my 2009 RzrS 800. It will not shift in any gear with the motor running, but if I turn it off I can. I put a new clutch kit in it, thats not the problem. It grinds if I try to put it in gear with the motor running. What do I need to check next. Need help please.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did the clutch kit call for you to reinstall the white teflon washer that goes under the bolt on the drive clutch? Are you sure they shipped you the right clutch parts? A primary spring that's too weak or weights that are too heavy (or a combination of both) would cause the belt to grab at idle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My idle is about 1200-1250. After look at more posts on this subject, I think it is my primary bearing, but not sure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah I agree your belt is grabbing... Now try the above and did you check the bushing on the drive clutch to ensure it freely spins? What color was your springs Primary and secondary. What were the numbers on the weights you installed. I know it is a pain and you will have to take it back apart to find out but it's not working and will have to take apart anyway to fix.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The clutch kit is right. And yes I did put a white teflon washer under the spring. The spring is green.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
Jeanie it's the correct weights and springs... The 2 way bearing is most likely your problem... I can get you the 2 way bearing if you can't find one...

Tim

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
My idle is about 1200-1250. After look at more posts on this subject, I think it is my primary bearing, but not sure.
I think your right on the money...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree with swingarm1. Springs are the right color. So back to that bearing...do you know / understand what one we are talking about?

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 09 S did this last year, It did it right before all my oil changes needed to be done, so I had the dealer look at it, while it was there. They said they had to adjust the TPS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok Tim. Do I have to have a bearing puller to do this. Or should take it to the dealer and have it done.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
Ok Tim. Do I have to have a bearing puller to do this. Or should take it to the dealer and have it done.
It takes a $400.00 tool to change out the 2 way bearing... Make sure he doesn't install a 1 way bearing... If you have any questions call me...

2 way bearing =$40.00

1 way bearing = $130.00

Tim

·
Registered
131 Posts
I thought soo... I was able to make a jig with allthread and a 4x4 block of wood. Not a pretty as the $400 one but for $10 bucks and a welder and scape metal it works. I was suppose to post pictures last week but got carried away installing my Alba Stage 2 kit and have not go to it. Will do in the morning for those do it yourselfers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts