Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.....I'm all thought out. Someone read through this and tell me if I am seeing this right.

2012 razor LE

1) I cannot get wide, tall tires without spacers for my stock wheels. Best that it looks like I can get or some 25's and around 11 in width.

2) And so.....go buy some spacers. HOWEVER, high quality spacers looks to me like they are going to run me at least a couple hundred dollars.

And my conclusion is.......

Why not just go to one of the tire distributors here and just buy some offset wheels and that come in a wheel and tire package. Yeah, it's a shame that I have these new stock wheels that I can't use like I want, but it just seems like the smart move would be not to waste money on spacers when, for just a little more, I can get new wheels and tires and not even mess around with the spacers.

Am I seeing this right???

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Don't give up on the spacers just yet. Give this guy a call. Matt @Treadcompany 612-490-5696.

There is also other ways to get around your problem.

Relocate Motor Mount, even grind some of the leading edge out of the way.

I ran Treadcompanys spacers for a couple years, untill I ran onto a good deal on offset rims. Best spacers on the market in my opinion. They are built in a manner that you will never spin a lug stud like others do with repeated wheel work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't give up on the spacers just yet. Give this guy a call. Matt @Treadcompany 612-490-5696.

There is also other ways to get around your problem.

Relocate Motor Mount, even grind some of the leading edge out of the way.

I ran Treadcompanys spacers for a couple years, untill I ran onto a good deal on offset rims. Best spacers on the market in my opinion. They are built in a manner that you will never spin a lug stud like others do with repeated wheel work.
Still trying to figure out where good quality wheel spacers are that I can buy.

Saw this post and it sort of spooked me into not trying his:

EBAY WHEEL SPACERS - MudInMyBlood Forums

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
LOL, If anyone can beat the living hell out of spacers we can. I can attest to the quality of them. I have trashed other brands, and mostly have spun the other brand studs out of them. This guys you cannot do that, you will break the studs of first.

I just read the Link you posted, where and what skeeered you on that Thread? They did not say anything negative except one guy who had tried them said they look lik there was allot of aluminum missing??

·
Registered
948 Posts
Okay.....I'm all thought out. Someone read through this and tell me if I am seeing this right.

2012 razor LE

1) I cannot get wide, tall tires without spacers for my stock wheels. Best that it looks like I can get or some 25's and around 11 in width.

2) And so.....go buy some spacers. HOWEVER, high quality spacers looks to me like they are going to run me at least a couple hundred dollars.

And my conclusion is.......

Why not just go to one of the tire distributors here and just buy some offset wheels and that come in a wheel and tire package. Yeah, it's a shame that I have these new stock wheels that I can't use like I want, but it just seems like the smart move would be not to waste money on spacers when, for just a little more, I can get new wheels and tires and not even mess around with the spacers.

Am I seeing this right???
In my case the wheels I wanted for my sand tires with the correct width and offset the cheapest I could find were $550 for all four. All four spacers and some used stock wheels I picked up on craigslist were $300. Saved $250. That's why I chose spacers over offset wheels.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright.....here's what I am going to do. I've been all over the place about these damned wheels and tires.

I wanted to do the pitbulls, but I am afraid they are going to be just too big in the 26 inch size that I want, so I have decided to compromise and get......

Terra Cross tires. I can get a 9X12 in the 26 inch for the fronts and 11X12 for the rears. This will probably rub on the stock wheels. HOWEVER......

I have read here somewhere that someone mentioned you could modify the motor mount, I assume, by grinding on it. That should work for the Terra Cross tires, I think.

I searched for a thread on modifying the motor mount and didn't find it, so if anyone has a link to that I would appreciate it.

If this doesn't work, then I'll order the Treadcompany spacers. If anyone sees any reason my logic is flawed, let me know.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
There is a guy here that has the Pitbulls you want on stock wheels and moved his mount forward an inch or so. Look for the thread in the "how to" section. He is 50" wide still and is running 26.5" tires.

It CAN be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts