Discussion Starter #1
I want change the original cartridge only air filter
I have 2 choices

Uni Filter or Twin Air Filter
Witch one is better.........???

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think you should look into a UMP filter or Dragon Fire racing. The ones that you mentioned tehre are just as bad as the stock one. The cheapest setup I would say that would be more effective is the DLmachineCo airbox on ebay.
I know all the airboxes are expensive but you are going to end up in the same spot you are now whether you choose the uni or twin-air. The problem is the rzr lets way too much dirt and dust in. In all honesty I have the uni right now and I am upgrading soon because I am sick of cleaning and oiling my air filter after just 1 ride. God only knows whats gettin into the engine as well. The good thing about these aftermarket filters listed above is they have an evacuator valve so it spits out a lot of the dust.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
UMP, all the way. No question.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
This is a Way-Good place to check to see if your Air-Filter intake system is working properly:).....Come on up to test it out:ride:....So far the only system I have found that will work properly is the one I got from Junk-Yard....I tried UMP and dust still got sucked past it:rm_thumbdown:As you can see on this video...I am trying to out run the Dust...but that is some way-fast dust

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Junk-Yard is a filter catridge or no

it's it one show me your filter please................:greenrzr:

( My english language is not perfect ........)

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Junk-Yard Filter and box..W/ 3" plumbing...What good is its easy to check and clean.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Best one I have had so far Robert...Every-thing else sucked dust up here...

·
Registered
254 Posts
What vehicle did you get your junkyard filter housing from Leo? I've been thinking about replacing the stock junk with an airbox from an XJ cherokee and installing it in the rear similar to yours but your airbox looks a bit more compact.

Vince

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
What vehicle did you get your junkyard filter housing from Leo? I've been thinking about replacing the stock junk with an airbox from an XJ cherokee and installing it in the rear similar to yours but your airbox looks a bit more compact.

Vince
It came outa a pathfinder...With a 6-cylinder in it...when you install yours make sure to use 3" piping...I tried 2" piping and it restricts...I am going to run my fresh air intake up higher to get cleaner air...prolly mount it to back of cage...

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Thanks Leo, I'll be hitting the local pick & pull later this week.

Vince
..When you get-her done post up some Pics...I am going to do a write-up and review on Junk-Yard Air Box...In a few weeks...and another Junk-Yard air-box test would be good to go with review....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok just bought a 2010 Walker Evans Edition RZR now you guys are scareing me with the intake crap. I have read a few places that the 2010 air filter problem was fixed is this true? Got a big ride coming up and i dont care to get any dirt in my clean hole HAHA.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Not to worry. Just check the hoses from the airbox to the throttle body, make sure the clamps are tight. Then put a thin film of grease around the sealing surface of the element and around the lid to the airbox and you should be fine. Have fun on your ride.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i think these guys are more talking about dust and sand in the air box, not through the filter. I vote snorkel and prefilter and always keep the stock air filter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts