Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Wiseco 10.2:1 pistons in Stock Motor

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  phlorit 
#1 ·
First and foremost, thanks for looking at my post being a beginner...

Pulled the head off my 2008 RZR with 160 hours and 1500 miles. The compression in both cylinders was 140 respectively.

Decided to do the top end only, replace the valves with stainless stock and the seals. (Machine shop is doing the work for me..)

Wondering if I should just have the cylinders top ring cut and honed and replace the pistons and rings.

Looking at 10.2:1 Comp., Skirt Coated Wiseco's.

Question: Will I need to change fuel mappings for just a bit more compression? Also, is there a set of forged stock pistons, (or close to stock) you would recommend?

#2 ·
i wouldn't think you would have to worry about the fuel, but who ever you are getting the pistons from should be able to tell you for sure.

#5 ·
The Power Commander is a good option. Allows you to add or subtract fuel throughout the entire range. You can take it to one of their tuning centers and they will custom map it for you as well.

Welcome to the forum!!!

#10 ·
Took the head to Cycle Dynamics here is Phoenix. Seems to be a pretty good shop and was recommend. Stopped by to chat with him today on pistons and he stated there might be a fair amount of cylinder and/or ring wear. Stated this was not uncommon on the Polaris 800 motors. Thought my compression issues may be more based on ring wear than valve seal issues.

I'll drop the cylinder block and pistons off to him to check and let everyone know what I find. Might just be time for a little bit larger bore?

Has anyone else had issues with cylinder wear abnormal or heavy ring wear? Just curious...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.