Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im putting a 900xp regulator on my 800s and moving it to the rear. does anyone know where the positive and negative wires from the oem regulator go? theyre hot all the time so i need to disconnect em.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
From RZR800 regulator harness plug :
Red 3 mm (12 ga) wire goes to starter solenoid.
Brown 3 mm (12 ga) wire goes to frame ground, below driver seat.

Attached thumbnail is from 2009 service manual.
2013 RZR 800 is similar, only it uses single 12 gauge red & brown wires in place of dual 14 gauge red & brown wires.
Also, the tach feed does not come from voltage regulator on newer RZR 800.

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
im putting a 900xp regulator on my 800s and moving it to the rear. does anyone know where the positive and negative wires from the oem regulator go? theyre hot all the time so i need to disconnect em.
So, how did you end up wiring this ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres 4 wires coming from the stator, run the 3 yelllow to the regulator, leave the brown, its a ground. I put spade ends on the wires coming from the stator then coated them with liquid electrical tape then wrapped it with black tape. Zip tied the harness to the swaybar mount

Sent from my LGLS991 using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
950 Posts
Theres 4 wires coming from the stator, run the 3 yelllow to the regulator, leave the brown, its a ground. I put spade ends on the wires coming from the stator then coated them with liquid electrical tape then wrapped it with black tape. Zip tied the harness to the swaybar mount

What'd you do with the 2 red, 2 black going back in the harness ?

·
Registered
950 Posts
I guess. Honestly, not sure how the newer 800's were wired. On my 08, there are 2 plugs...1 with 3 yellow coming from stator, and 1 with 2 red/ 2 black whcich run back into the RZR (I think the 2 blacks go to ground and and the 2 red go to the starter solenoid), and of course the single yellow wire that reads RPM. I know the newer models didn't have the tach wire, but I assumed they still had a plug going back into the RZR in addition to the 3 yellow wires from the stator. What did you do with the wires that are NOT stator wires ?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Nevermind. I just looked up the VR. I guess you just ran the brown wire to ground, and the red to the starter solenoid since your kept yours at the back ??

·
Registered
950 Posts
Have you ran this thing yet ? How it's doing ? Any noticeable improvements on the charging system ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have rode it yet but ive let it run in the garage for a long time with the fan on, 1st start up its putting out 14.6 at idle, with the fan, headlights,"amp, ps it goes down to about 13.2 but goes back up when i give it gas. Suppose to ride saturday if it dont rain.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Have rode it yet but ive let it run in the garage for a long time with the fan on, 1st start up its putting out 14.6 at idle, with the fan, headlights,"amp, ps it goes down to about 13.2 but goes back up when i give it gas. Suppose to ride saturday if it dont rain.

Nice !!!! That's better than a stock 800 VR at idle.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im thinking moving it to the rear helps some, voltage dont have to travel so far to get back to battery and the charging wires r bigger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts