Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 rubber housing lights for the back of my rzr. I want them to come on when I put it in reverse. Is there any wires I can tie into that are big enough that will make them come on when shifting into reverse.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I used a paddle switch and some low amp leds. Works fine. You will have to make a bracket for the switch.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
904 Posts
Page 4 post 53 of that thread linked is the best way to do it. You can do the magnetic like in post 51, but the other way is more effecient and better looking IMO.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I looked at it again and I am going to try that route. Seems a lot cleaner. Not a lot of info in that blurb though.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Do you have your schematic? All you need to do is tap into the wire for reverse and add a relay in the connection for your lights.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looked at the wiring diagram but it just shows a 75 ohm resistance for the reverse. So just resistance change for gear possition.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I did the the magnetic switch version on the shifter, because I didnt want to fumble around in the dark for a dash switch and I wanted them to come on when the wife is driving it too.

Sometimes the magnetic switch is a little finicky but just have to "shake" the shifter and theyll kick on. I spent a lot of time getting the switch and the magnet in JUST THE RIGHT SPOT so that the reverse lights would turn off every time.

For my 2011 there was no "reverse" wire. The switch was the only solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts