Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's that time of year I start thinking about going over things top to bottom in preparation for the new year of riding. Mainly pulling everything down to inspect grease, lube and replace as needed. This time I also decided to have a few things re powder coated. The Tennessee and west Virginia areas I ride tend to really beat up things in a hurry. After 2 full seasons and 3000 miles everything was looking a bit rough. I also have been hearing some noises from axles on the past ride and decided to warranty them out. The other thing I'm excited to try is a new trailing arm setup and different upper a arms from atv fourplay. Figured I would start a little winter time refresh posting with some pics.

Another thing I decided to do was put a full wrap graphics kit on my rs1 to help protect the paint a bit and to give it a new fresh look. Was really going for that America tattered flag look but wanted the back ground gloss black, the flag and stars bronze and some red splashed in. Found a guy that whipped up exactly what I wanted and got it out pretty fast.

So my winter time refresh consists of the following

*Fresh powder of all suspension and coil springs as well as changing some colors around
*Prototype upper a arms and trailing arms that change front camber and rear toe from atv fourplay
*Stiffer 350lb lower front springs
*New brake pads
*All fluids will be changed
*Electronic boost control to raise boost psi
*Possible stand alone ecu from larue performance (probably not till spring)
*Full wrap graphics kit
*Grease and service bearings, Keller ball joints and Keller u joints
*prp seat heater kit.
*Warranty rhino 2.0 axles
* Have shocks serviced and have fcr address the slight chop issue I have as well as slow down the rear rebound a bit more.
*Nrg steering wheel disconnect

Most of this stuff I have been gathering up over the past few months in preparation for December. Hopefully this goes better than last year's winter refresh that included me building my engine for boost, building a turbo kit and a slew of other things. That turned into a 6 month nightmare! Going to bust into this thing next week hopefully now that I've got almost everything in line.

Attachments

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,110 Posts
Sub’d, I’m a fan of your build and look forward to even more!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think your using the same guy I am for my wrap. He did my Wildcat trail that I traded in for my RS1. It held up good, Had it on for a year and a half before I traded it.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was actually a place I found off eBay. Totally awesome decals is the name of the place on eBay. The kit shipped out of Utah. Had 330 dollars in everything with the mods I wanted and shipping. And it's all on 3m material. He only charged me 30 dollars to change colors of things and to add a extra color. I thought that was extremely reasonable.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That is very reasonable. Can’t wait to see it all done. It is already a bad ass buggy. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Subd.. I tear mine down every winter as well, replace bushings, bolts and brake pads. Also wire brush rough areas and hit with some rustoleum. I could only imagine what the machine would look like if it didn't get its annual winter tear down lol..

Looking forward to following this thread!

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well got the factory decals off tonight and my god I didn't think that was going to take that long! Had 3.5 hrs or so stripping them off. Then i hit all the painted parts with a buffer and compound to pull the scratches out. Now I hope this week I've got time to start putting all the graphics down. I got all the suspension off as well tonight. Hope to be going back together mid week once I get my axles back from super atv. Hopefully will have some pictures this up coming week. Pretty crazy at my shop so me getting time to spend on my rzr is spotty.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well made a little headway tonight. Got my wrap about half done. I knew I was dreading doing this wrap for a reason! Its definitely time consuming if you want to do it correctly. I also picked up a new wheel and tire combo up over this week. Should b a pretty nice match for my setup. 32x10x15 pro armor crawler xg tires on XD machete 15" 5/1 beadlocks. Actually really excited to try them out here in a couple weeks! I also decided to ditch my home made fender extensions and ordered some mud busters. Should completely give it a fresh new look. Got a bunch to do in the next 2 weeks because I had a last minute trip to Hatfield come up I want to do in 2 weeks. So now it's crunch time!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had shock therapy do them at first and that was a cluster I don't want to get into. Long story short I had Bob at fcr suspension here in Ohio do fully re do everything. A full re valve, piston changes and re spring. Actually just took them back to get the high speed chop touched up in the valving this week. But they have been damn near spot on. Just trying to dial it in to my liking now and my setup. I am running fox rc2 2.5" shocks all the way around by the way not the stock walkers.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,110 Posts
Lookin good man, I like that wrap alot

The crawlers are a good tire for sure, my only complaint was that they didn't measure close enough to size to be acceptable to me, but otherwise, they were a great tire on everything I put them through.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had heard that the crawlers normally measure small. But I was surprised that my tape measure sits exactly at 32" tall. That's mounted on a 6" wide wheel with 9psi. Now these are the xg soft compound so that may be the difference. They have 3/8" deeper tread than regular crawlers. My 32" roxxzillas measure out to 31.75 on a 7" wide wheel with 9psi. I'm very curious if and how much better these crawlers turn compared to the roxxzillas. I loved the roxxzillas all except they push in corners at speed.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,110 Posts
Mine were XG's as well, except on a 7" wide 14" wheel. I had 6 of them total, tallest one I ever got was 31.25", normal was 30.75". Maybe it was just a 14'' mold issue too.

That's a downside to a flat top tire, they won't roll over as well and don't give the sidebite as a round top. The crawler should be a little better than the Roxx in that department, but it is still a fairly squared top design. Alignment can have a large effect on that too, but I don't doubt that your machine is setup correctly. I think you'll like them overall tho.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well one issue I was fighting was lack of - camber. I hat atv fourplays prototype a arms which had factory Castor camber numbers. I just got a different set of uppers off Tom at atv fourplay that changed caster and gave me 1.5 degrees negative camber. That in itself should make a massive difference.

And yes it could be a 15" rim mold deal. I wouldn't think a 6" over a 7" wheel would have that big of a effect on height KIMG0402_1575122494754.JPG KIMG0402_1575122494754.JPG

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well ive made some more progress. Got my shocks dropped off at FCR on Thursday for some tweaks and should have them back Tuesday. Also got all the suspension, axles, and skids off for the go over. Got my axles back from super atv warranty on Thursday as well. Got my left front suspension put on with all new bushings, new ebc brake pads, new OEM wheel bearing with some added grease as well as pulled my Keller ball joints apart for a cleaning. Got my new rear trailing arms on as well as all new bearings in the radius rods. Also put fresh bearings and brakes in the rear with fresh rhino 2.0 axles. Got my mud busters flaps installed tonight as well. Still lots to do in a short time. Leaving on Thursday night for some riding at Hatfield in WV.

I've still got to finish my wrap,hook my new innovate electronic boost controller up, change waste gate springs, put my windshield on, put upper radius rods on, install all rf suspension and brakes, alignment front and rear, put fluids in front diff transmission and engine, finish new air filter inlet tube and paint it, finish seat heater install and wiring, put skids back on, set ride height and crossovers, load new tune in ecu, get new blow off valve spring pressure setup, and hopefully be able to put 10 miles or so on around my house. I've got to get all this done between Monday night and Wednesday night! Going to be a rough week it looks like!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking good!!! Glad to see I'm not the only one that works like crazy for fast deadlines! Have fun in WV! Had a blast the last time I was there.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looking good!!! Glad to see I'm not the only one that works like crazy for fast deadlines! Have fun in WV! Had a blast the last time I was there.
Yeah well in my usual procrastinating fashion I had 2 months to spread this all out but of course I decided to start on it with a week b4 I leave. I ride WV 7 or 8 times a year and it's definitely one of my favorite places to go. Pretty much something for everyone and you can ride pretty much anywhere but 77 and 119 highways

1 - 20 of 24 Posts