Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Winter riding and snow

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  xd675x 
Big Horns work pretty good in the snow. I've run Pro Gold screws in the tires when out on the lake. <---Wow is this fun! Probably only about 100 screws per tire but had lots of traction.:popcorn:

We did the job inside on a car hauler (wooden deck) for obvious reasons. We used no more than 3-4 screws per lug. Nothing fancy, actually thought it wouldn't be nearly enough. Unloaded on a lake (was there for an atv/bike oval ice race), with 6" of snow on the lake. The screws made a difference when chewing through the snow down to the ice. At the end of the day we took it out on the track, more as a joke but also to see what it would do. To say the least we had plenty of traction (only me in the RZR). Only broke loose a few times when WFO in the corners. It worked better to lift slightly, then get back in it. This planted the front right and all was good. We took the screws back out when we got back to the shop. Tires have over 1000 trail miles since then an they look good with no tearing. All this was done on a 2011 RZR4.:popcorn:

Screws will NOT last on any kind of hard surface (pavement). I would suggest a separate set of tires for this and mount them up when you get to the lake. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.