Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has experience with staying warm in cold weather riding? I have looked at cab enclosures, F&R windows , heaters, heated seats and heated steering wheels.

I am leaning towards the items below. Feedback from people with experience at this would be appreciated.

Cagewrx Glass front windshield
Polaris RZR XP 1000 Aluminum Windshield

Plexiglass or soft rear window
Unsure of Vendor or model

Super ATV Cab Heater
https://www.superatv.com/polaris-rzr-xp-turbo-s-cab-heater?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl_6Di_HG5QIVR18NCh38yARsEAQYASABEgLK9_D_BwE

Polaris Seat Heater Kit
https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/cab-accessories/2879271/

Kimpex UTV Heated Steering Wheel Cover
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/kimpex-utv-heated-steering-wheel-cover-p

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice that you suggest the OEM enclosure and rear window. Do you have a factory cage? I have a CageWrx cage. I am not sure if I will have fitment issues.

No doubt a full enclosure is the warmest way to go. With that being said, I am not sure that I will like the full enclosure. Do you have issues with seeing out the side windows when they get muddy?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The OEM enclosure will not work with a aftermarket cage. I ride with my window down even when it's cold, it's plenty warm inside. Never really get mud on the windows. I like the OEM enclosure because you don't have to zip / unzip to get in & out.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The OEM enclosure will not work with a aftermarket cage. I ride with my window down even when it's cold, it's plenty warm inside. Never really get mud on the windows. I like the OEM enclosure because you don't have to zip / unzip to get in & out.
Great. No side windows is exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't like the zip/unzip thing either. I'm sure it would fit like crap with my aftermarket cage anyway. I just didn't want to spend a bunch of money on everything else and still freeze my ass off because I did not have side windows.

Thanks Joe :grin

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a Firestorm heater in mine. LINKY

What really works good for me & the Mrs. is heated motorcycle gear. I have my Gerbings for my motorcycle. Just added 2 plugs in the RZR. Heated jackets, gloves and pants. Those keep us warmer than the heater. Gerbing LINKY

Check for heated snowmobile gear.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Windshield, heated seats and dress in layers works for me. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a heated steering wheel and then all of a sudden they were no longer available.

The only other modification I would consider is heated gloves

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did seat heaters and cab heater. Fire storm for cab heater and went to local auto / stereo store and they did the seats. I just had to wire them. Also windshield.

mrs car has full cab, heater, seats, heat wheel. WAY to hot for me.

do it in stages.

I have a new Fire storm heater and i pm'd you.

·
Vendor
2,072 Posts
Hey Gang,
We are the designer and manufacturer of FIRESTORM heaters and can offer the best prices direct to you as the manufacturer. Super ATV copied our heater kits (they acknowledge it.) That's fine....all is fair in love and free market I suppose. But we have better prices than them and offer fantastic support as the product designers.

Shoot me a PM with your model and what heater design (in cab or underhood) if you are interested. Thanks!

Peter
Moto

·
5,822 Posts
Hey Gang,
We are the designer and manufacturer of FIRESTORM heaters and can offer the best prices direct to you as the manufacturer. Super ATV copied our heater kits (they acknowledge it.) That's fine....all is fair in love and free market I suppose. But we have better prices than them and offer fantastic support as the product designers.

Shoot me a PM with your model and what heater design (in cab or underhood) if you are interested. Thanks!

Peter
Moto

We all buy the heater cores from the same supplier, even the other guys selling the cheaper kits on AliBaba. That's about all they have in common. Everything else is basic mounting brackets, hardware, and HVAC ducting. But, do your thing man. :rofl3:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm going to be the first A-hole and say I dont ride in the winter lol I will start it up and make a lap here in there but that's it. I cant stand the cold like I used to being in blood thinners

·
Nate B
14 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/WATERCARBON-Carbon-Fiber-Heater-Setting/dp/B008D2LIRG/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=seat heater&qid=1572539086&sr=8-6&tag=rzrforumsconvert-20 these are awesome super simple to install especially if you have a pneumatic stapler. But do not use the switches that come with it.

Get these switches, the ones that came with the heated seat elements failed after about 2 months on mine and my buddies rig, most likely due to water and dirt/dust. https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Heavy-Duty-Toggle-Switch/dp/B0002ZPBRA/ref=sr_1_4?crid=25YE10EIU1DBV&keywords=on-off-on+toggle+switch&qid=1573004133&sprefix=on-off-on+,aps,254&sr=8-4

I have the hard coated poly from super atv, works great but find that i need a windshield wiper in the snow and rain. I will be going to a glass next.

I could see the heated steering wheel or gloves being handy on those cold days, but haven't got either yet.

·
Registered
608 Posts
it wasn't even that cold out this weekend and I was freezing my fracking ass off running around definitely need to upgrade my winter gear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a 16xc and a trail 900 2016 I fitted mine with Lexan windshields front and rear and the xc has xc side glass the 900 has the utv zip windows I also installed two marine windshield wipers on the 900 I also put heat in both but I used a artic exploration trax 32 pass under seat heater core with 3 speed motor yup nice and toasty the 900 has rear heat unit from a 16 pass bus it nice and warm too but i only have about 75 buck tide up in each heating system the wipers are a life saver you can get them off ebay for around 50 bucks I also fitted the 900 with a electric salt spreader and a Denali plow but I installed a linear actuator to turn my blade so I don't get out at all except to fill the spreader hopper with salt

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yep, you could say I have some experience with winter riding.

Another photo of mine, I guess I should tell everything it has. It's fully enclosed with the Polaris doors, SXS front and rear glass windows, I also did a dual electric windshield wiper build using marine components that's a must have when plowing snow, (you can read about my wiper build here). https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/529180-my-electric-wiper-washer-build.html I also have the Motoalliance Firestorm under dash heater which keeps it very comfortable inside, even at -20 degs, and it has the window defrost vents which is another must have. I also have the Motoalliance Denali snowplow that has the Hydro-turn system so I don't have to leave the cab to adjust the plow angle. I used to plow with an ATV before I got my Rzr, and I froze my a$$ off, this set up on my Rzr is soooooo much nicer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts