Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i know this subject has been beat into the ground but i'm having a hard time figuring this out. I just bought an 09 RZR with the lock-n-ride windshiled and i believe it has a polaris roof. I want to get a back panel to help with the dust swilrling in the cab. Also, this winter i'd like to enclose the cab. My question is: With the windshield and roof that i have, is there a cab system that will work with just the back panel in place that i could just install the doors later?

I'm not really sure if my question makes sence but i'm not sure how to word it. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Here's a pic showing the roof and windshield i currently have.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Sorry i know this subject has been beat into the ground but i'm having a hard time figuring this out. I just bought an 09 RZR with the lock-n-ride windshiled and i believe it has a polaris roof. I want to get a back panel to help with the dust swilrling in the cab. Also, this winter i'd like to enclose the cab. My question is: With the windshield and roof that i have, is there a cab system that will work with just the back panel in place that i could just install the doors later?

I'm not really sure if my question makes sence but i'm not sure how to word it. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Here's a pic showing the roof and windshield i currently have.

I'm not aware of one, but you could get some doors, Just probably not full doors, and probably would be a trick to seal it half decently to the W/S, top and future rear.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Give these folks a call Shock-Pros Motorsports 866-422-2299. They may be able to help you out. Great prices to. I purchased there door kit windshield and roof. I just haven't installed them yet. still waiting on the roof and windshield before install. your roof line ooks like it will be hard to work with. So was the one on my Moose roof that is why I also got there canva roof.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If your end result is a cab, you need to start over.

I would suggest the Polaris Soft Cab, I've had it installed since purchase of the ride back in 2010, holding up well, no complaints.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I WAS TOLD IF YOU PUT ON THE FULL WINDSHIELD THAT YOU GET THE DUST FROM BEHIND YOU I GOT THE HALF FOR THE FRONT NO PROBLEM . i THIN IF YOU PUT A BACK WINDSHIELD IN IT MIGHT SOLVE YOUR ISSUE. ROGER

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the full w/s on the front, soft top and soft rear w/s, and pro armour doors. It cut down on the dust I was getting with just the w/s and top, but you will still get dust from under the dash and from behind the seat. Also, in the winter the full w/s will fog up on the inside AND outside. I'll have to seal the cracks and install a heater/defroster or just take it all off and wear goggles....

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The Polaris soft cab comes with the block off kits, and any 2012 or newer model rzr has the kits already installed.

Yes, by having the full windshield TOGETHER WITH a top and rear window you can make the bulk of the dust you kick up settle behind the rear window in the cargo area, but without the ability to vent your windshield (Polaris Flip Out W/S) dust you kick up can still come in the sides in differing wind conditions, with the Flip Out in the vent position it adds a positive pressure situation within your cab that further forces anything back out of the cab area. This is even more pronounced when we have our doors on.

Our system works just as I have described, the lions share of dirt and debris make it to the cargo area and stay out of the cab. Keep in mind, that if you have a cleaner cab, you have a cleaner air box as well.

This image is from last summer, enlarge it and note the eye rubbing and dirty clothes on the half windshield guy, and the no windshield guy was only better off leading, or following way behind.

We were clean after the ride.. :rofl3:

Carry on!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I don't have all the dust taken care of ... but enough.

I have the Lock N Ride full windshield with electric wiper. Very handy. A rear windshield that is a Kolpin. I put in an under seat seal kit you can buy on e-bay. I use 2" aluminum tape to seal the under seat kit and the rear access panel. I got a pair of the Cabelas floor mats, and a pool snake to seal under the dash.

Yeah, it still gets dusty, but somewhat better. Also helps me cheer for the rain instead of cuss it!!! LOL!!!
Pirate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the input guys. i'm going to try the Tusk rear panel for now and i may end up getting a cab for winter. I'm also going to seal under the seats and under the dash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our system works just as I have described, the lions share of dirt and debris make it to the cargo area and stay out of the cab. Keep in mind, that if you have a cleaner cab, you have a cleaner air box as well.

How much do you think the clutch and air intakes sucking air from the cab help to create a low pressure zone and suck dust into the cab? I am looking at running my intakes out the side so that they are not sucking from inside the cab. Has anyone noticed a difference with the dust in a RZR 570?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

How much do you think the clutch and air intakes sucking air from the cab help to create a low pressure zone and suck dust into the cab? I am looking at running my intakes out the side so that they are not sucking from inside the cab. Has anyone noticed a difference with the dust in a RZR 570?
It has to, that is the reason I use the flip-out w/s, it lets in far more clean air than the intake requires, therefore the pressure in the cab is greater than outside the cab, and crap stays out of the cab.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the emp flip out windshield, but I do not want to have it open this winter and still want to keep the dust out. Do you guys think moving the intakes to the side of the bed like the 900s and 570s will help out with the dust? Anyone report any noticeable difference the 900s and 570s with a full cab?

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts

This image is from last summer, enlarge it and note the eye rubbing and dirty clothes on the half windshield guy, and the no windshield guy was only better off leading, or following way behind.

We were clean after the ride.. :rofl3:

Carry on!

This is the perfect example! I started with no windsheild, got dusted! Switched to half windshield, it was better in the cold, but got dusted WORSE! Just got me new full 60/40 full folding windshield (like in the picture & full rear windshield ans expect a great ride. All my buddies do this & I'm following suit!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Half windshield wont work worth a crap unless its mounted 2 inches above the dash. Dont matter if your leading, following or riding alone. I run a half windshield (2 inches up), rear window and a Direction 2 roof that has an opening in the rear that acts like a spoiler. I have tried every combination at its the one that works best.
Full windshield by itself is absolutely the dirtest ride you will get.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I cut about 2" off my half window and everyone who rides with us, then leave a gap under it. This helps cut down on the suction and the wife can see over it. Save the little 2" that you cut off and put this on in the middle of summer. This will be enough to kick the bugs up over your head that hit the hood. You will get no suction of dust threw the floor like you do with the half window.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts