Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another trip in the books! We headed to Windrock for a couple of days of fun and of course it delivered. We were there 4 days but only recorded one day. We start things off with my favorite trail in the park, good old trail 39.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back to Airplane Hill we go. We had done 39 a couple of months back and were able to get up this section but it was dry as a bone then. It was a little more challenging this time around.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ole trail 39 is hard on parts. Chris knows all about that. As you will see in the video, his RZR decided it did not want to go up Airplane Hill. His RZR took a pretty bad beat down unfortunately. Luckily Chris was fine and Ruth got an opportunity to get a couple of good pictures taken. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next up was Sonny, Joey and Brad. After seeing Chris roll it definitely made the guys think about it a little more. We were making great time. We made it to the bottom of Cadillac Hill in about 45 minutes and did the whole trail in just over an hour.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Chris gonna fix it or let insurance total it? What all was damaged? Read something in vid comments about a shock mount broken. Should be able to weld that up.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is totaled. His insurance is covering it. Here is what he said in one of the comments on the video.

"I can tell you the LF shock mount broke during the flip, the doors were bent, all three frame sections were bent, the dash was pinched in, my switches stopped working because the couldn’t move, the rear tail light was busted, the rear fascia was bent, the front fender was ripped off, it just kept going. The repair estimate was $31,000."

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear. Hence why I usually winch at that spot, not much room for error. Folks - video does not do that spot justice, it's butt puckering.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bummer. When I first watched the vid, it just looked like a fairly slow roll and possibly only cosmetic damage. Watched again and paid more attention to height of that drop and I'd guess that anything short of a full tube chassis crawler would have been equally damaged.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Believe it or not he actually got lucky by flipping on his side because if he had went over backwards it would have done multiple endos back down the hill. That ledge is 4-5' and on a steep grade. It could have been much worse! Glad he's okay.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, sorry to hear. Hence why I usually winch at that spot, not much room for error. Folks - video does not do that spot justice, it's butt puckering.
Luckily he has insurance and they are covering it. Yeah that spot is really bad. I wish there was some way to show that through a gopro but it makes everything look easy. lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bummer. When I first watched the vid, it just looked like a fairly slow roll and possibly only cosmetic damage. Watched again and paid more attention to height of that drop and I'd guess that anything short of a full tube chassis crawler would have been equally damaged.
Yeah the way he landed on the shock mount is what killed him. It broke the tab off and that whole side of the frame bent. I have rolled a couple of times and luckily I landed on the cage first instead of the lower frame. That Gatekeeper Designs cage ain't bending unless you roll it off a HUGE hill.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We finished up trail 39 in this video. That trail is always an adventure. We have had a lot of good memories on it. Unfortunately this time through Chris's RZR was a causality but his next machine will be even better. R.I.P. Chris's Turbo S.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We normally do not record on our night rides but I decided to turn the camera on for this on. Sort of a "bonus" video for the trip. We had never gone up trail 40 before but decided why not try it at midnight. It was me, Jeremy and Joey and we had a blast. Trail 40 is pretty extreme. We will go back in the day time since it is so hard to see at night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts