Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Windrock April 2021 with one razor and couple of dirt bikes. Any insights on things we shouldn't miss along the trails, and local joints to make sure we grab a meal at?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Heading to Windrock April 2021 with one razor and couple of dirt bikes. Any insights on things we shouldn't miss along the trails, and local joints to make sure we grab a meal at?
The prison is a great place to go and eat- just don’t let the dirt bikers drink too many whiskey samples . Lol.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Prison, windmills, abandoned train, Panther Rock are some nifty things to check out. Just a heads-up, some of the trails that are really fun on the RZR, really suck on the bike, unless you're into the hard enduro style of riding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prison, windmills, abandoned train, Panther Rock are some nifty things to check out. Just a heads-up, some of the trails that are really fun on the RZR, really suck on the bike, unless you're into the hard enduro style of riding.
Thanks for the info and heads up. At 57 trying to keep up with a 16 year old on dirt bike I am already buying Costco size Advil!

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info. Thank you!

Reactions: BeltFed

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thanks for the info and heads up. At 57 trying to keep up with a 16 year old on dirt bike I am already buying Costco size Advil!

No problem. 52 here. I still enjoy zipping along on the dirt bike too. That Advil comes in handy :) Trails 1,2,4, and 24 are fun on both the bike and the RZR. G5 to G6 down to hwy 116, turn right onto hwy, go about a mile to the old blue looking factory and down behind it is the abandoned train. Can then hit the TWRA trail right there at the train to get back to G7 to come out up by the windmills. It's a good loop.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RZRHLE - Thanks so much for posting these. Realizing that there are many factors - "ABOUT" how long would it take a family to go from Windrock to the Prison via the route you posted?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
RZRHLE - Thanks so much for posting these. Realizing that there are many factors - "ABOUT" how long would it take a family to go from Windrock to the Prison via the route you posted?
I kind of lose all track of time when I’m on the mountain but I would say for easy going maybe 1 hour from the parking lot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kind of lose all track of time when I’m on the mountain but I would say for easy going maybe 1 hour from the parking lot.
Perfect - that was what we were looking for. My oldest rides a KTM 250SX which is fuel limited to say the least.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perfect - that was what we were looking for. My oldest rides a KTM 250SX which is fuel limited to say the least.
PS - Hope you were out today - it was beautiful.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If you need to, you can top off your gas at Brushy Mt market . It’s just a short piece down the road from the prison. Your legal to ride there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you need to, you can top off your gas at Brushy Mt market . It’s just a short piece down the road from the prison. Your legal to ride there.
Awesome thank you! We rode G7 all the way to a sign that said "foot traffic only beyond this point". Seemed like a very long way in. Never saw the train. Did we stop just shot?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like to me you missed a left turn. Did you see the big sign saying you were leaving Windrock Property? If you did and continued straight, you missed the left just before the sign.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Awesome thank you! We rode G7 all the way to a sign that said "foot traffic only beyond this point". Seemed like a very long way in. Never saw the train. Did we stop just shot?
It runs off Windrock property. You must have missed a turn. This is every inch of the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts