Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning on a trip back up to Windrock end of Oct. first of Nov. One trip we made there, we rode down to Caryville from the Flatts to gas up. We were thinking about maybe doing that again this trip and grab a bite to eat and gas up. Does anyone know if this is an issue. We definitely don't want to end up in jail or be fined.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone????

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't believe there would be a problem. You see ATV's on the streets there quiet often. I have never rode mine down there. I trailer to the top of the mountain and hit Coal Creek area from there. But I have past cops in my RZR up at the 141 exit which is in the city limits of Caryville and he just threw up his hand at me as we past so it should not be any different down in town. If I can think of it sometime when I'm down that way I'll stop in and talk to the Chief of Police an let you know.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool deal, Thanks! If I remember right we came down Mt. Road and hit main street and stopped at the BP to fill up.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have heard of people getting in trouble and I have heard of people not being stopped so I am not sure. I do know that you can get gas at Gingers which is on the north side. You have to run just a little bit of hwy but not much. Gingers has gas, beverages and the have hot food in the deli which makes it really nice. They really welcome the ATV/UTV crowd. You can even call in your order and they will have it ready when you get there. I don't have a map handy so I can't tell you exactly where it is. By road it is just north of the hwy 116 and hwy 330 intersection. I think Gingers is going to be on the next Windrock map.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Scotty
I talked to the Chief of Police in Caryville this morning he said that atv/utv rode on the streets would not be bothered or have any problems as long as they behaved themseleves but he could not "say" it was ok because it's not leagel. So come on up and have a good time.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's awesome! I appreciate you checking on that for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts