Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windrock baby! Windrock is where it all started and it had been a while since I have had the pleasure to ride up there. All of the other guys have been recently but it has been about 8 months since I had been there. It was a awesome trip with a lot of riding and good times. We got up early (relatively speaking), got in late and even managed a night ride this trip. We started the trip off on good old 22! I hope you enjoy the series!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice video! But after you’ve used 22 to get up the mountain about a zillion times you learn to hate that trail.
We have had some good times on 22. When they graded it last year they took all the fun out of it. Those ruts are the best part of it in my opinion.

·
Registered
305 Posts
We have had some good times on 22. When they graded it last year they took all the fun out of it. Those ruts are the best part of it in my opinion.
Anytime they grade trails I love to just hammer down on them. However, the best thing about them being graded is that it wipes the slate clean so when the trails wear and erode again new challenges emerge and it doesn’t take long for that to happen. it’s just the pesky little rock sections that hardly ever change that gets aggravating at times .

Here are some of 22 sections I videoed in January, I pass by that rutt at about 3:35 of the video. Just look how much it’s changed in just 3 months.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After getting up the mountain we headed over to go up trail 40. A couple of us had gone up it at night but we have not ever done it in the day. In order to get to it you have do go down 3 and 40A which was not a cakewalk. I had forgotten about the huge mud holes on 40A which got me pretty good.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going up trail 40 was one of the trails I was looking forward to this trip. Me, Jeremy and Joey did it a while back at night but I wanted to do it in the day to be able to see the rocks and creek a lot better. The valley section is one of the more scenic parts of the whole property. We all made it up with no real issues.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeremy was stuck between a rock and a hard place again. This time he got rewarded as being the first recipient of a new award for the group. Chris had some issues as well which changed things up for the rest of the trip. 40 was a good start to the trip!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We finished out trail 40 and went back up 3 in this one. Ruth took over for Chris the rest of the trip and did a great job. I am sure the RZR appreciated the driver change. It had been a while since that machine has had a real driver behind the wheel. LOL

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had not done trail 10 in over a year and heard it had gotten really bad with all of the rain so we decided to go check it out. It is amazing how much things can change in such a short time. It was in really bad shape. Washout city!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sweet vid! Had to chuckle a bit at the “OMG! “ and “Come on!” 😂. Video not doing that trail justice. People need to be there and see it for themselves. It’s a doozy for sure.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet vid! Had to chuckle a bit at the “OMG! “ and “Come on!” 😂. Video not doing that trail justice. People need to be there and see it for themselves. It’s a doozy for sure.
Thanks man. Appreciate you watching. And you are right about the video not doing it justice. It was rough!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Just finished 6 days at windrock and cant remember if i hit 3,10,40. Though we did make our way over to see devils elbow and that is not what the tube shows from couple years ago. I can see making it with plenty of damage but im not tearing up my rig just to say i attempted it. So: we came, we saw, we con...quit.
Did manage to hit 2,15,16,17,19,21,22,26,44,75,90 and more im sure im not remembering them all off the top of my head. Panther rock, slick rock, the train, devils elbow, sassafras top, twin falls, janes outlook, some trail that starts out by twin falls at a church creek crossing.
Over 400 miles and still didnt see everything or hit all trails. We will be back again next year around april as we usually do. Havent found anything quite like windrock nor have we seen it all.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just finished 6 days at windrock and cant remember if i hit 3,10,40. Though we did make our way over to see devils elbow and that is not what the tube shows from couple years ago. I can see making it with plenty of damage but im not tearing up my rig just to say i attempted it. So: we came, we saw, we con...quit.
Did manage to hit 2,15,16,17,19,21,22,26,44,75,90 and more im sure im not remembering them all off the top of my head. Panther rock, slick rock, the train, devils elbow, sassafras top, twin falls, janes outlook, some trail that starts out by twin falls at a church creek crossing.
Over 400 miles and still didnt see everything or hit all trails. We will be back again next year around april as we usually do. Havent found anything quite like windrock nor have we seen it all.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Yeah Windrock is an amazing place to ride. I tried getting up Devil's Elbow this trip and did some pretty hefty damage. It will be in one of the day 2 videos.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day 1 was a good time. We did some tough trails, covered a good bit of ground, had a lot of laughs and all got back to camp in one piece. We went out for a night ride and did trail 7 but did not record. We had a couple of additions to the crew that joined for day 2. Stay tuned for that!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Day 1 was a good time. We did some tough trails, covered a good bit of ground, had a lot of laughs and all got back to camp in one piece. We went out for a night ride and did trail 7 but did not record. We had a couple of additions to the crew that joined for day 2. Stay tuned for that!

A little bit of a mess isn’t it! 😂 I felt bad for that Chris feller; he hurt his hand, he had to let other people drive his rzr , he sounded frustrated when his driving instructions wasn’t beng followed exactly, he complained about how theres been no trail maintenance on 10 and what a shame that it was , and his front axle broke. I don’t think he was having the best of times at that moment 😢

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A little bit of a mess isn’t it! 😂 I felt bad for that Chris feller; he hurt his hand, he had to let other people drive his rzr , he sounded frustrated when his driving instructions wasn’t beng followed exactly, he complained about how theres been no trail maintenance on 10 and what a shame that it was , and his front axle broke. I don’t think he was having the best of times at that moment 😢
Haha good observations. He did have a lot of issues that trip for sure. lol

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We got up early for day 2 and headed up trail 2 and then to 16. Ruth and Charity were riding together and Chris rode with me. It was a beautiful day weather wise and we had a blast as always. Of all of the places we have been, trail 16 at Windrock is probably the trail with the most memories. We made a few more this trip.

·
Registered
522 Posts
16's a good one. Be nice if they'd do just a little maintenance on it to fill in some of those deep ruts. Don't mind the rocky climbs, but our 800 just gets high-centered on those deep ruts. Guess I just need to upgrade to Turba S or get a Jeep with lift, lockers, and 44's to dig deeper ruts :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
16's a good one. Be nice if they'd do just a little maintenance on it to fill in some of those deep ruts. Don't mind the rocky climbs, but our 800 just gets high-centered on those deep ruts. Guess I just need to upgrade to Turba S or get a Jeep with lift, lockers, and 44's to dig deeper ruts :)
Yeah Windrock is going to have to do something about this one. The whole last 1/2 mile is insane. Don't mess around with a Jeep. I am waiting until the new pro S comes out and plan to get one of those. I wish Polaris would hurry up and announce it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts