Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
im rick james bi*ch!!!!
273 Posts
Ya got the viper 4000 elite too. VERY good winch. Warn is over priced. Good, but over priced

·
Jack Daniels please..
219 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do not buy warn... waste of money paid for the name...i have had two of them and both have been junk... the cheaper venom winches work awesome. and are 1/4 of the cost. Also, if you ever need to remove your warn winch... good luck. they are one time install.... you can get a 3000 venom winch on ebay for about $150 w/synthetic rope

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do not buy warn... waste of money paid for the name...i have had two of them and both have been junk... the cheaper venom winches work awesome. and are 1/4 of the cost. Also, if you ever need to remove your warn winch... good luck. they are one time install.... you can get a 3000 venom winch on ebay for about $150 w/synthetic rope
Hmm....well i don't see how your going to easily remove any winch from the location the polaris puts it in above the front diff??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, i dont know a lot about winches..

i can see how the nuts stripping sucks.

But, Venom = 12 month warranty, Warn = lifetime warranty. Warn also puts torque specs in there directions, which thanks to you, i know why now... so im glad i looked at the directions before i just started to crank on the bolts. :)

The reason i linked to teh warn, is i like hte lifetime warranty, its a good price for a warn, and its the kit made specifically for the RZR. So, its got the brackets, wiring cut to the right lengths etc...

The only thing i did was wrap all wiring in split loom and buy a winch saver rubber stopper.

Looks like you got the Polaris brand (made by warn) as well. Which is cheaper, maybe thats where they cut cost, i dunno..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, i dont know a lot about winches..

i can see how the nuts stripping sucks.

But, Venom = 12 month warranty, Warn = lifetime warranty. Warn also puts torque specs in there directions, which thanks to you, i know why now... so im glad i looked at the directions before i just started to crank on the bolts. :)

The reason i linked to teh warn, is i like hte lifetime warranty, its a good price for a warn, and its the kit made specifically for the RZR. So, its got the brackets, wiring cut to the right lengths etc...

The only thing i did was wrap all wiring in split loom and buy a winch saver rubber stopper.

Looks like you got the Polaris brand (made by warn) as well. Which is cheaper, maybe thats where they cut cost, i dunno..
other warn I had was on a grizzly, and it was warn direct, not Polaris. correct torque does not stop rust, and rust is stronger than plastic in my mechanical engineer's opinion... sorry i just can't budge on this one. one time, oh maybe I had bad luck, not two warns... the bolts i removed from my warn were loose, they started to remove very easily, its when the nut started to hit the rusted part of the thread on the exposed bolt that it jammed up, this exact scenario happed on both of the warn winches I removed. The warn that was on my RZR was installed by Polaris store.

life time warranty is nice, but i can buy 4 venom winches for the price of one warn... so say the venom dies... ( my venom winch has lasted longer than both warn winches i have had) you can replace it 4 times, for the cost of 1 warn. Warn winch warranty does not cover shipping there and back, and I doubt all parts of the winch... my dad has a Ramsey winch for bobcat, also lifetime warranty...10000lb. it cost him $400 bucks for a "warranty repair" when it failed... just my $.02 i have had great luck with the cheep venom winches, and I get stuck and use them often.

may i quote Tommy boy.... I can get a good look a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's azz... but all you got was a guaranteed pos.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh, i see what you mean now. I thought they stripped when you tightened them, and you meant taking it off, as in , easy to take on/off if you didn't want to ride with the winch for some reason. My bad.

Honestly, if i had to do it over again, i wouldn't prolly pay for the $629 for the winch setup. At the time I wanted something easy to install and i didn't feel like screwing around with piecing stuff together. I had never installed one so i had no idea what it was going to take. Now that i have done an install, i could certainly pretty easily put one together like the venom. I would pay the $389 iron city has the kit for though.

Side note: I was installing my popo brush guard this weekend, and i happen to notice you can see the square nut you where talking about. It looks on mine though its not held in my plastic. It looks like zinc metal around the nut, then a black metal pin that holds the nut from falling out when the bolt isn't in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.