Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you mount the solenoid for the winch? Is there a specific spot or do you just pick somewhere you like? I saw a few pictures of guys that had mounted in the front dry box. I have the polaris 3500lb winch that actually came off of a sportsman. Thanks in advance. Pictures appreciated.

·
Registered
995 Posts
You can mount it in the cab area or not. I have mine on the outside only because I did not think of putting it on the inside when I installed it. After a year+ of riding, no issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
on the passenger side firewall there are four push pins my solenoid had four holes you knock them pins out and mount it there either inside or out. I put mine in

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
as others have mentioned, there are holes inside the cab for the soleniod. depending on your winch, you may have to sway to long/short cables to get them to reach though. i think rzrcop wasnt able to mount the solenoid on the inside with his polaris winch because the short cables wouldnt reach from the winch to the solenoid and if he used the long cables, then he couldnt reach the battery from the solenoid

·
Registered
384 Posts
You could also mount the soleniod by the battery. The long cable from winch to the soleniod and short ones to the battery.
Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts