Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
It will work fine! The only issue is it is the wiring is set up for an RS1, you will have to buy or make a longer power cable to reach your battery. You can easily mount the solenoid package and winch. It is a great winch and has pulled me out of a few ditches effortlessly. It is easy to add a hard wire switch. Add approximately $20 to buy or make the new power cable.

That is one hell of a good deal!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will work fine! The only issue is it is the wiring is set up for an RS1, you will have to buy or make a longer power cable to reach your battery. You can easily mount the solenoid package and winch. It is a great winch and has pulled me out of a few ditches effortlessly. It is easy to add a hard wire switch. Add approximately $20 to buy or make the new power cable.

That is one hell of a good deal!
So do you have the same winch mounted on a pro xp?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can mount almost any winch to your pro. You will need a winch plate for the pro. What changes on most winches is the how it is wired. Meaning length of cables. I put a Keeper 6000lbs on my pro. Bolted up to a pro winch plate. The winch had the solenoid mounted on the motor. I changed that to the fire wall and remade all cables. Works great.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So do you have the same winch mounted on a pro xp?
Sorry for the late reply! No, I have an RS1. This issue with the wiring is the RS1 battery is located in the front of the vehicle and if I recall correctly your Pro XP is under the driver seat. The battery cables would be to short.

The reason this is such a great deal is the RS1 is discontinued and dealers don't want to get suck with old stock they can't sell.

Please give feedback on how your purchase goes with fixmytoys.....I am thinking of picking up a spare for this price.

Here is a link to hard wire a switch Polaris Pro HD 4500 Winch with Remote - Hard Wire Switch - RS1 | Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net Cost around $20

There is a wire kit available to hard wire a switch from Polaris if it makes it easier. Polaris # 2415055 (harness) and 4017200 (switch) Polaris 2415055 Sealed Winch Jumper Switch Ranger 1000 Crew XP (fixmytoys.com) Search: 4017200 (fixmytoys.com) Cost around a $150

The way the solenoid package is set up-it would be very easy to mount it anywhere. As you can see the unit mounts with two bolts at the top. it should be easy to find a place to mount it.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Plant Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts