Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the experts - I have installed my Viper elite 4500 winch and have run the power leads back to the two batteries. One battery is the stocker and the other a brand new Odyssey battery. I have a Sure Power 1314 to install tomorrow. My question is two fold - What battery should I pull power from for the winch - and what setup should I wire the 1314 for ? On the 1314 instructions is has two options, a "Auxiliary Start Connection", and a "Lamp Connection" . Has everybody hooked up both of these connections ? Not a problem if you think I should.

later

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
I just ordered my Surepower 1314 yesterday!!! I will be using the Odyssey 925 and the stocker. The stocker (main) will power the RZR as it came from the factory. The Odyssey (auxiliary) will power my light bar, whip, winch, GPS, etc.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use the aux start connection and LED light yet.

G

·
From what I understand those are 2 completely different "optional" install options...Aux Start: if hooked up per the instructions will allow the Surepower to connect the Aux battery during starting if the main battery voltage is below the Aux battery voltage.
Lamp connection: Allows you to hook up an indicator that will show when the "Aux start" function is being activated.
If I understand correctly the Surepower basically just disconnects the Aux battery when the machine is off or not charging..if voltage drops below 12.8v it disconnects the Aux battery from the main battery then when voltage goes above 13.2(charging) it connects the aux battery..basically reduces the load on the charging system by disconnecting the aux battery when loads are high enough to drop voltage below 12.8...the optional Aux start function basically overrides that during starting and will connect the Aux battery to assist in starting..

·
Registered
53 Posts
From what I understand those are 2 completely different "optional" install options...Aux Start: if hooked up per the instructions will allow the Surepower to connect the Aux battery during starting if the main battery voltage is below the Aux battery voltage.
Lamp connection: Allows you to hook up an indicator that will show when the "Aux start" function is being activated.
If I understand correctly the Surepower basically just disconnects the Aux battery when the machine is off or not charging..if voltage drops below 12.8v it disconnects the Aux battery from the main battery then when voltage goes above 13.2(charging) it connects the aux battery..basically reduces the load on the charging system by disconnecting the aux battery when loads are high enough to drop voltage below 12.8...the optional Aux start function basically overrides that during starting and will connect the Aux battery to assist in starting..
I read on the PRC forum, the 'lamp' connection, is if you wanted a manual switch. But, it makes more sense to me that it's only an indicator light...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts