Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm getting ready to purchase a winch and I'm confused where it gets mounted. Manufacturer includes mount. Could someone send me a picture with one installed?

Thanks,

:azflag:

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
if you look at the front of your rzr in the bottom middle their is a cover with 4 screws...you remove that and it mounts behind that on the frame

H

·
0 Posts
As said behind the panel up front...remove the 4 screws and you should see the 4 places the mount bolts to the frame.

I cut the panel out and put it back on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
here's a few w/the Viper 4500# winch mounted. Hope this helps.

Finally w/the silonoid mnted up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great shots....saved me some time on install....thanks....I'm getting the Viper as well. I had one before and never had problems.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Don't try and do those cheap champion or china built winches..the mounts are different and you will be asking for trouble...

I have a 3k champion I thought would fit my machine....not worth the effort to try and make it work!

Buy a Viper or Warn!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I guess it is always a compromise: with winches close to the helmsman the sheet handler can get in the way of the helmsman, but it is a bit easier single handed. The C30 set up is cleaner when you have crew. Having said that, I have found the C30 quite easy to sail single handed. I tend to sit on the cockpit coming, rather than stand behind the wheel, when single handed, so I can easily deal with the winch. Being tall or short may affect the ease of handling, though. If you sit on the cockpit coming and you can comfortably hold the wheel with one hand and place your other hand on top of the winch you shouldn't have a problem.
Yeah, but in a Shock 35 it's whole different set-up! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i recomend buying UTVinc's front bumper wich mounts the winch right out front. i am completing install now and will post pictures. getting ready for trip to alpine loop next week!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As said behind the panel up front...remove the 4 screws and you should see the 4 places the mount bolts to the frame.

I cut the panel out and put it back on.
HI COuld you pls tell me which bumper this is? I like this and the EMP.Can't decide where i want the winch..... Thanks,

Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts