Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe the nut is welded to that plate. Just loosen the bolt as usual. No need for a wrench to hold the bottom "nut"
Yup I’m an idiot, I thought I saw the nut spinning but it’s not. You’re absolutely right, thank you!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have to remove it and put it in as one it’s a very tight fit going back in so take you time reinstalling

·
Registered
151 Posts
I acknowledge some benefits of installing the winch over the diff, but (for me) the negatives far outweigh the few benefits.
First and foremost you can’t see the spool. How the hell are you supposed to properly spool the winch with it inside the car. (Caveat Polaris turbo S winch mount hides the spool from the user as well)

The heat from the radiator bakes your winch and line constantly.

having had a general & turbo w winch above the diff and the horrible OEM turbo S winch mount I vowed I’d never mount a winch again where I couldn’t see it spool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do agree that you cant see it spool easily but I mainly rock crawling and I keep hitting it before i would the tires ended up jamming my last one and so I moved it over the diff so it couldn’t get hit and now the tire hit before anything which a lot better for what I use it for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you have to trim or bend the lower radiator support. I did it first you need take The tire off the passenger then remove the shock the remove the plate off the top of the diff mount the winch on the plate it will have holes for it already and have to go in as one Make sure and mount the winch with the free wheel selector to the passenger side. Now Measure or test fit to see where is it hits on the lower radiator bracket and trim or bend it so it will fit and your winch rope must pull from the bottom of the drum in order to clear then reassemble everything I decided to hide mine behind the factory cover so I mounted the fairlead to the frame I hope this helps
View attachment 662075 View attachment 662076 View attachment 662077
Did you remove the bracket that the control arm mounts too or drill through that ? I have a Rough Country 4500 that mounts on top of the diff and the kit had a separate bracket I had to bolt there to mount the fairlead and remove the factory bracket. Was upset when my cover didn't fit over it lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's about getting that piece ground down that sits at the top/front of where the body of the winch sits...as long as you can essentially slide the winch far enough forward to get the mounting bolts into the threads and the bosses and remembering to wind the winch where it spools into the bottom of it...you're good

21 - 27 of 27 Posts