Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to mount a 4500 super atv winch over the diff but I’m having fitment issues it’s soo close to the holes but hitting the rad support. Does anyone have any good mounting instructions?

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Use bumper mount. The only good solution.

Reactions: dk91105

·
Registered
534 Posts
Reactions: Bmenard17

·
Registered
368 Posts
Need to mount a 4500 super atv winch over the diff but I’m having fitment issues it’s soo close to the holes but hitting the rad support. Does anyone have any good mounting instructions?
Ran into the exact same problem, like others stated some winches will fit there others won’t. Do your self a favor, use a bumper mount, much easier to mount and access when needed.

Good Luck

·
Registered
396 Posts
We had to drill new holes in the mounting plate to move winch away from touching radiator. Fit in tight but not touching anything and been fine ever since. On XPT though...

We need front clearance so winch Mount on a bumper was not an option.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Bumper mount it. I hated the idea of it myself but I have other accessories that now reside in that space. Its just too tight in there for a good winch.

·
Registered
246 Posts
SATV has a mount that keeps the winch close to the body so it doesn’t affect approach angles. I chose not to use the factory spot because I plan to use a heavy duty steering bracket for larger tires which would interfere with the factory mount.

·
Registered
390 Posts
SATV has a mount that keeps the winch close to the body so it doesn’t affect approach angles. I chose not to use the factory spot because I plan to use a heavy duty steering bracket for larger tires which would interfere with the factory mount.
Thats exactly what I'm using that space for now.

This is what I wound up with.

·
Registered
173 Posts
All you need to do is clearance the lower rad support slightly. It's the thicker middle piece of the winch that's hitting it. Take a grinder to those areas to remove the amount of material that's needed and the winch will fit no problem. I'm running a Warn VRX4500 above the diff. Fits no problem once the lower rad support is modified.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Love the bumper. What’s the brand? Would definitely switch from my KFI
Its from a place called Joker Fab in CA. It normally comes with a bunch of extra holes on the top because they offer several options for things to mount on top. If you dont want that you can just request they make it with only the holes for the winch. I just wanted a clean and low profile look but still functional.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you have to trim or bend the lower radiator support. I did it first you need take The tire off the passenger then remove the shock the remove the plate off the top of the diff mount the winch on the plate it will have holes for it already and have to go in as one Make sure and mount the winch with the free wheel selector to the passenger side. Now Measure or test fit to see where is it hits on the lower radiator bracket and trim or bend it so it will fit and your winch rope must pull from the bottom of the drum in order to clear then reassemble everything I decided to hide mine behind the factory cover so I mounted the fairlead to the frame I hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts