Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
aka: Bad Influence
928 Posts
what bagman said. dont waste your money IMO it will only use upp too much power from your charging system and you will be ver unhappy. Move up to some HID lights or an LED bar.

·
aka: Bad Influence
928 Posts
they will fit but they will reflect off of the bumper hoop and shine back in your eyes so bad you won be able to see. I wrapped mine with electrical tape to cut down on the glare so just something to think about. I am moving to a 16" LED bar for my bumper to help with this problem plus it should be a better light than what I had.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for being so helpful. Another question...

Is there an aftermarket company that makes a rocker switch just like the factory headlights and awd switches? I would like to make this look as clean as factory.

Thanks!

·
Mike #1
1,896 Posts

Is there an aftermarket company that makes a rocker switch just like the factory headlights and awd switches? I would like to make this look as clean as factory.

Thanks!
UTV INC the switches and a 60 amp alt. kit that will produce all the extra power you'll need...:) :) :)

Of course!

·
Premium Member
41,512 Posts

Thanks!
UTV INC has the switches and a 60 amp alt. kit that will produce all the extra power you'll need...:) :) :)

Of course!

He asked and I told him so...:scared2: :scared2: :scared2:

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. At this point of the game im just going to be mounting a couple lights. No need for the alternator yet...maybe down the road. Just looking for a switch without spending 28.00 on the factory one.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,862 Posts
Im going to mount 2 of these up to a front bumper. I wont be running any additional electical accessories. Should i be good?

2 130W 4 INCH OFF ROAD 4X4 ATV RHINO FOG/DRIVING LIGHTS: eBay Motors (item 390225361063 end time Aug-16-10 15:49:00 PDT)
Do yourself a huge favor and FIRST, before adding additional lighting,
do a HID 55w headlight conversion.
My bet is you will be more than satisfied with your HID conversions lights, anywhere you go.

I find it impossible to out drive my hid headlights at 58mph. The beam you get from the stock headlight conversion is a perfect combination of driving light, flood beam, and spot beam. With 55w hid's it incredible!
It works so well my pilar mount 35w hid floods aren't even needed at all.

Do a search on HID, lots of threads on the available brands with tutorial install instructions. Some of the best kits go for under $50, Look around here,lots of good info.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,862 Posts
is the conversion kit too bright to be able to drive around town at night? will it blind on-coming traffic?
Don't know. Never tried them on the road with on coming cars. On coming ohv don't seem to get overly aggravated so far. :)
If you adjust them correctly maybe no problem. For $30-50 it might be worth trying.

You could always add additional street lights to your pillar or bumper if the conversions proved to be a problem for driving around town.
Is your rzr the grocery getter, or is it primarily a ohv for you ?

·
Premium Member
41,512 Posts
is the conversion kit too bright to be able to drive around town at night? will it blind on-coming traffic?
Don't know. Never tried them on the road with on coming cars. On coming ohv don't seem to get overly aggravated so far. :)
If you adjust them correctly maybe no problem. For $30-50 it might be worth trying.

You could always add additional street lights to your pillar or bumper if the conversions proved to be a problem for driving around town.
IOs your rzr the grocery getter, or is it primarily a ohv for you ?

I bought mine from Endi @ Side X Side Customs and there adjustable for road driving... Very nice... BigMike got them first and a bunch of us since... Endi went to Mike's and installed his...:rollfinger: :rollfinger: :rollfinger:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

Thanks!
Mine are on a aircraft style rocker switch with flip up cover, works great and looks cool 11bucks at auto zone or advance auto parts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.