Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am familiar with the faulty c-clips..but mine will run fine in high and will stay in low if I keep my hand on the shifter untill it gets in a bind and if I take my hand off shifter it will pop right out....reverse works fine as well..any ideas what my problem might be...2010 rzr-s...is this signs of a faulty c-clip??????????

·
Registered
68 Posts
i had the same problem with my 2010. The dealer replaced the shaft and all the gears in the transmisson. There was other post on this somewhere. They tried to make the 2010 shift easier and this is what we got.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Yup, trans. Polaris has a kit out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sounds like the infamous clutch shaft with the deformed snap ring to me. Mine was out of warranty so I did the work myself. The shaft is about $450. There are lots of postings about the shaft being redesigned, but it appeared identical to the original. I hope it is stronger because otherwise its a ticking bomb.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
No, the motor has to come out. Anyone with mechanical ability should be able to do it. I'd recommend having a service manual handy if you are not familiar with the machine. I had a manual for an '09 that I latched onto from this site and it was a big help. Lots of pictures from a digital camera help too.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Out of curiosity, how do use your machine? When it cut loose were you in awd? I use mine a lot in low gear awd and when it failed I was on a long, steep downhill, heard a loud pop and it acted like it went into neutral. Still had high gear and reverse. I've seen postings that claim awd promotes the breakage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts