Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RZR XP-1000 Trails & Rocks edition
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been contemplating 2 upgrades for my 2017 2-seater XP-1000 Trails and Rocks:
1) a way to carry a spare wheel
2) general storage.

I've determined that one product will address both of these issues - the Assault Industries Adventure Rack. However, I see two possible issues here; the fact that I have a Pro Armor Baja cage, and that this RZR model has the Click-6 retractable harnesses. Based on videos I've watched I don't think the Pro Armor cage will interfere in any way, but the harness' retractable "box" that is welded to the horizontal span behind the seats may interfere. It looks like it would be close and I suppose that I can have those moved, but I'd like to see if anyone else has tried this combination. (I did call Pro Armor and they couldn't help.)

Does anybody know if this combination is possible without significant changes that would require welding?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Rick

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
145 Posts
Can’t say much about the assault Ind. one other than it wouldn’t fit around the OEM harness brackets on my cage.
Check out the one from Toys For Big Boys. Kevin designed this one to work with just about any cage configuration. The mounting points are adjustable and it’s overall a nice fit. Here’s some pics of it installed.
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Black

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toys For Big Boys
Thanks, Chango. I'll definitely look into their spare tire mount. Their website is undergoing changes right now and their tire mounts are not available, but I'll call them. They're actually just up the road from me!

I just got back from dropping off my shocks to be rebuilt at Suspension Direct, also nearby in Riverside county, and they recommended that I check out Cage Wrx.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
145 Posts
Thanks, Chango. I'll definitely look into their spare tire mount. Their website is undergoing changes right now and their tire mounts are not available, but I'll call them. They're actually just up the road from me!

I just got back from dropping off my shocks to be rebuilt at Suspension Direct, also nearby in Riverside county, and they recommended that I check out Cage Wrx.

Thanks again!
Happy to help! Their website has said that for a while now and I don’t think they’ll every fix it lol. If you’re nearby them just stop by and check it out.
I too also looked at the cage WRX one but it was the same thing as the Assault one. The tabs interferes with the harness mounts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just called Cage Wrx and they said that the Click-6 harness mounts weren't a problem. However, it is strictly a tire carrier with no real platform to strap things down on it. Probably a show stopped for me as I don't anticipate the need to carry the spare tire for the vast majority of riding that I'll do. In those instances I like the idea of being able to strap down other things on it. I'll call Toys for Big Boys and see what they say.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I just spoke with Kevin at Toys For Boys and we swapped a number of pictures too. The bottom line is that he says that there's a 75% chance his product won't work, as the cross tube is too low and also that my speakers will get in the way when a tire is on the rack and in the up position. Too bad.

I think I only have two more options available for mounting a spare tire; the roof or on the cage behind the engine. I don't like the roof option as it would be hard to get to, the RZR would no longer fit in my toy hauler, and I don't like putting weight that high.

The 2nd option may be a workaround for the few times that I will actually carry the spare. The back end of the Pro Armor cage seems like a good place for fabricating a mount. Maybe I can mount or weld the hub part of the DragonFire Racing spare tire carrier.

At any rate, a solution will eventually happen, and I guess I'll turn my focus on finding a general storage solution separately from the tire mount. For the vast majority of places that I will take the RZR I won't need to carry a spare tire. At some point though it will complete my RZR customizations.

Thanks for your help and I hope this information is useful for others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can’t say much about the assault Ind. one other than it wouldn’t fit around the OEM harness brackets on my cage.
Check out the one from Toys For Big Boys. Kevin designed this one to work with just about any cage configuration. The mounting points are adjustable and it’s overall a nice fit. Here’s some pics of it installed.
I cannot attest for the pro armor cage, but click 6 harnesses works great with my assault industries adventure rack. Not sure why you had issues Chango. I had plenty of clearance on all mounting points for the rack and my OEM cage.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
145 Posts
I cannot attest for the pro armor cage, but click 6 harnesses works great with my assault industries adventure rack. Not sure why you had issues Chango. I had plenty of clearance on all mounting points for the rack and my OEM cage.
My turbo S came with the regular Sub-Zero harnesses and had the cage builder (TFBB) placed the harness tabs in the OEM location I wouldn't of had an issue with the carrier mounting. Instead of doing 2 single harness mount locations offset to the rear seat he placed a dual mount stuck together at the center of the seat. Kinda weird if you ask me, but it all worked out in the end even though i was forced to buy his carrier which is ok since it's a pretty nice one. lol. I'm happy with everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts