Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to see if my 4wd is working and i have it on jack stands. Should the front spin or does it have to have friction in back 1st?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes if your AWD is working the front wheels will spin on jack stands. You also won't be able to take it out of AWD until you put it back on the ground. Hope this helps. Mike:ride:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not certain but pretty sure it won't. You would think it would considering the AWD engages when the rear wheels lose traction.

Guess I was wrong :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yes it does...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i did this and i just checked my cage in my front dif and its ok, so what do you think the reason might be for it not to work? magnet?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
differential type and amount? should be premium demnad drive LT or PLUS, 9.3oz. take an ohm meter and put the leads one on each side of the plug coming from the diff. there should be around 24 ohms. also use a volt meter and check your battery, it takes good voltage to run the diff. the sprague could just have a hair line crack and cause it not to work. also how did the rollers look? just something to look into?

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
few things to ck first...is the awd idicator comeing on in the speedo? does the gear indicator work? if not awd wont work....

next do you have a service book? it has a trouble tree in it to find the problem

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine wouldn't work one night when I tried to drive back out of a ditch I was stuck in. The AWD light would be on but no AWD. When I did get out, I found that the AWD wire connector (roundabout where the brake fluid reservoir is) became un-snapped a bit. Unplugged it, plugged it back in and all was and still is good.

Unplug it from there and snap it back in and see if it changes anything. Also, would be a good idea to spray it with non-lubricating electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i chased a problem with mine for a while..turned out the connector would lose connection if you wiggled it around.i cut out the connector and replaced it with one i got at radio shack for about 3 bucks.its fixed now........also,ive had my vent hose come off the front end and get a little water in it and it wont work.it doesnt take much of any contamination of the front end fluid to get it not to work correctly............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts